Oregon: Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route 3, June 28 - July 3, 2014

Topgun15v

Great write up. Looks like a blast. Love how you were able to incorporate the kids as I have some of my own this is always great to see!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill Beers

Explorer
Thank you all for the encouragement!

Dave, (w/the blue Disco,) and I just started talking routes for this summer. The rainy/dark season is good for planning!

dar395

Adventurer
Great trip! Nice to see a group on low payment -no- payment book rigs together. Includes a sport that most can enjoy, Hope ya find another great trip for 2015, enjoyed sharing the travels!:sombrero:

lbseals

Great trip. Do you think a Full Size Dodge four door long bed could fit on all the trails? Planning a trip and wanting to know if My buddy will fit. Thanks

Jfresh

Do you know where the photo of the toy hauler in the green meadow with the wood fence in the photo was taken? Looks like a great spot!

Bill Beers

Explorer
Great trip. Do you think a Full Size Dodge four door long bed could fit on all the trails? Planning a trip and wanting to know if My buddy will fit. Thanks

Absolutely. We had a giant, mid-80s Suburban with us, and one of the 4-Runners had a trailer.

Do you know where the photo of the toy hauler in the green meadow with the wood fence in the photo was taken? Looks like a great spot!

I'm almost positive that is Three Creek Meadow Campground: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/deschutes/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=38668&actid=29

Byways

Adventurer
Bill Beers ... I'm late to this, but ... What a terrific report! It's so great to see kids out doing this! The whole event looks like so much fun. In fact, I just purchased the maps and GPS tracks for this and the other OBDR routes provided by the Oregon Off-Highway Vehicle Association. Can't wait to follow in your "tracks."

Thanks so much for the report!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz