Mombasa RTT and Aluminum rack for Midsize truck-$1200

Topgun514

Adventurer
RTT Sold, Rack still available

Aluminum rack was custom made by a welder on RME local to the SLC area, your truck will break before it does- I have had close to 1000 lbs on it and taken it offroad. No issues. Rack mounts to utilitrak and is very easy to take on an off- just a 9/16 wrench and 8 bolts.

Asking $1100 and will meet within reason + gas but would love to be SLC local.

The tent itself is in good condition, great considering the abuse most are sold for. The rack is built so everything is below the roofline and does not affect MPG like most, also, it is high enough for whatever you need to toss in the back. The aluminum keeps the weight down too. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns here.

Last edited:

Frogprince

Observer
I am interested in it. I am looking for a RTT that will work on my rover and a customer trailer I am looking at having made.

drfreema

AEV JK350
Which model of Mombasa RTT is this? The Expedition? Expedition Plus? Overland Plus? Adventure II? Annex included? Shipping available? Thanks.

Topgun514

Adventurer
I bet freight would be the best bet however and would ship on your dime.

With used items, I would love a local Salt Lake Expo-goer to look it over for you and give you a non-biased look. I am a firm believer in being a good seller. If I shipped this to you and you were not happy that would reflect poorly on me- I would be glad to do whatever it takes to make sure if you bought this from a distance it would show up and you would be completely enthralled!

As for the tent, it's the Gen I RTT. I got this 3 years ago new from a freind of Kurt (of Cruiser Outfitters) who purchased it and just never used it- still in the box. It does not come with an annex but for the price, you can have mounting brackets and a RTT for the price of an older/ more used RTT.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
Can you provide some pictures of the mounts and width measurements across the bed? Curious if this will fit a Tacoma

Topgun514

Adventurer
I can get the exact measurements but from tacoma/ frontier forums, racks have been traded back and forth with no modification between frontiers and tacoma's.

The only thing I see needing to be done, is drilling new holes to mount on the bed rails/ bed tracks. I have it drilled to mount on a nissan utilitrack and rest on the side channel, nissan utilitrack is about 3 inches lower than a tacoma, that would be the only modification which I could take care of too.

Measurements coming soon.

Topgun514

Adventurer
The mounting to mounting on the inside seem of the rails measures in at 58.75 inches with a little wiggle room in the metal mounts.

By reading some forums, this is the same size as Tacoma's.

Lucky you, midsize truck owner looking to buy this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online