2002 Discovery

xearth

Observer
Details:
My name is Chris. I'm coming from a 2000 Nissan Xterra SE. She still exists but I need a lot more time than is currently available to give her some tender love and care.

pFb1gqH.jpg

Now I'm driving a 2002 Discovery, and I'm sure you all know much more about it than I, so I can spare you any details there and move on to photos. She's stock, but has been a great vehicle for climbing trips. I don't know if I'm going to have to do any off road performance modifications, as she's meeting my needs perfectly stock. The X I think I modified just because. With this vehicle I plan to only do what I need to get by.

007iGDz.jpg

kY3FxyU.jpg

If she can keep getting me to places likes this, I think we'll get along just fine.

rYVartO.jpg

PXIW67N.jpg

xearth

Observer
I'm currently between jobs (start anew this coming Monday), so the past couple days we've gone south a little and enjoyed what was warmer weather (than Ohio). Pretty much on a whim, the middle row of seats came out and a sleeping platform was thrown in.

X2R5ehs.jpg

For not really planning much it did just fine, and gave us some leg space for sitting down inside the vehicle when staying out of the chilly nights and mornings. This was kind of a trial run for my wife and I for sleeping out of the disco, and I'm not gonna lie. There are definitely changes that need to be made for a little more comfort, but it was super cool not setting up and tearing down camp before moving out each day.

7V5zWHl.jpg

We spent 3 days at foster falls, just climbing and taking in the scenes.

VSL3nnZ.jpg

k2vJ7JB.jpg

Dc98873.jpg

So before the next trip, we need to work out some privacy curtains/tint/something along those lines. Then also widening/increasing the padding on the platform since it didn't cover the whole thing. Other than that, just gotta keep climbing and exploring!

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Nice Disco

Congrats on purchase. I have had both Xterra and a few Disco's, and I think you will like it.

Ensure you read here and othe LR forums, and knock out all the recommended services, and NEVER let it overheat. The Disco loves to leak various fluids, ensure you keep coolant inside.

Just sold my JK as there was not enough space to stretch out, so I understand your decision.

And great climbing photos!

xearth

Observer
Water pump was shot, so took that out this weekend and a new one should arrive and then hopefully be in tomorrow.

8SbSF4C.jpg

Bearings and small parts were literally falling out of the water pump once I got it disconnected

fC19HiN.jpg

99Discovery

Adventurer
Get the ultraguage and change your thermostat to a TD5 180 degree thermostat. Keep the engine temps around 188-196 and you'll be fine.

If your water pump has worn and has that much junk, your T-stat is probably on its way out. The stock temp-gage won't worn you until you have a head-gasket failure (hence the ultragauge). cool, huh?

Other than that, I love mine, and yours looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz