CO2 Tank Date Stamps

millerfish

Adventurer
Can someone please clarify this test date. Is this the due date or the last test date? When will it need testing again?
image.jpg

Last edited:

v_man

Explorer
it means it was tested on 02/14 , so it should be 'good' for five years after that ...

FWIW , I've had filled , and returned empty Co2 bottle that were well past the five year date stamp , if the shop doesn't bring it up , neither do I .

LR Max

Local Oaf
I recently got hit for it. It was due the month before. He let it slide but he said next time I'd have to get a new tank.

Hate to let go of my fancy orange tank.

doug720

Expedition Leader
Just have tour tank re-certified the same as any other compressed gas tank - SCUBA, welding gas, etc.

Here in SoCal it costs around $35-45.00 and takes about a week for the turnaround. Any place that fills the tank will offer this service or know where to send you.

After a successful test, the tank is restamped and it's good for another 5 years.

v_man

Explorer
you probably already know this but if you're carrying that tank in your rig for off road use and tire fill up , try to get an aluminum tank . I carried an old steel tank around , and my whole kit (tank , regulator , lines , gauges etc. ) was probably 80 pounds. Then I got an aluminum one , muuuch lighter .

Also , make sure you secure and strap the heck out of it if it's riding inside the cab with you ....

Johnrunberg

Adventurer
I use these tanks for brewing and when I need a fill I just trade it for a full one - no worries. Ya never know what pure going to get (steel, aluminum) unless you ask but for brewing it doesn't matter.

That said. If I ask them to fill MY tank they always check the date and will charge me to cert it if need be.

jkosten

Observer
I always exchange my tank at the local gas supply. Just ask for a beverage tank and it will be an aluminum tank with a plastic lift handle to make it easier to move around.

150e36a5ff3c3240dc55bbe39758142e.jpg

sent from my pocket...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94