Projecta battery monitor

jeepovich

Explorer
Last edited:

CaliMobber

Adventurer
if money is no option Genesis dual battery setup uses the G-screen. tiny button screen but the price is pretty ridiculous.

jeepovich

Explorer
CaliMobber thanks for reply.
I can't use Genesis button monitor since it requires a hole to be cut. I'll be installing it in the over head area; double sided tape or a velcro mounting option only. Also the price is just unreasonable for my application (however I have Genesis dual batt system & it is priced very reasonably). I'm looking for something that I can just take a look at and know both batt voltages at a glance without pushing buttons. It's hard to believe that there aren't that many monitor options for such a simple electronic device.
Are there any friendly Aussies who can help a mate in US? :)

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
I'm looking for a dual battery monitor and found this Australian company with a perfect monitor for me( size is the major factor)https://www.autoelec.com.au/ssl/public_autoelec/store_v2/product_detail.asp?id=351&cat=28 Unfortunately they are only sold in Australia. Can anybody recommend a place that will ship to USA or a similar monitor. National Luna Dual Battery Monitor is too big for the area where i'm planning to install it.

Thanks

Try ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ecta+DBM100+-&_nkw=projecta+DBM100+-&_sacat=0

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
CaliMobber thanks for reply.
I can't use Genesis button monitor since it requires a hole to be cut. I'll be installing it in the over head area; double sided tape or a velcro mounting option only. Also the price is just unreasonable for my application (however I have Genesis dual batt system & it is priced very reasonably). I'm looking for something that I can just take a look at and know both batt voltages at a glance without pushing buttons. It's hard to believe that there aren't that many monitor options for such a simple electronic device.
Are there any friendly Aussies who can help a mate in US? :)

If you are not keen on ebay, I could possibly forward it on for you as have had this done by friends in the states. But I see some ebay sellers are offering free international shipping.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Out of Curiosity ...

What are you trying to learn? Voltage is interesting, but I would imagine that your vehicle already tells you the voltage of your starter battery.

For a camper battery, what you really want to know is the state of charge. Granted, this is very hard to know, but would you not be better off with an hour counter, like the Bogart TriMetric or, if you prefer, the Smart Gauge?

Just a thought.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I love and use this volt meter on my vehicle, check out my build.

http://www.martelmeters.com/products.php?cat=1&action=detail&id=55

You could cut off the bolt and use double sided with battery volts are what you want....

IMG_0980.jpg

jeepovich

Explorer
DiploStrat I need it to monitor 2 vehicle batt. I have Genesis dual battery system. The voltage read out is helpful to know when the system is separating the batteries and if there are any malfunctions with solenoid. Also to monitor charging.

I'll be mounting it on the opposite side of room temp monitor in the over head (bulkhead?) of my after market hardtop/camper. Thus is the reason why I don't want to cut holes. Also the fact that the batt monitor is luminescent is a huge plus since the area is very dark.IMG_20150111_164900_626.jpgIMG_20150111_164927_426.jpg

Scott H Murray I did look at E-Bay but could not find that monitor (The Australian E-Bay on the other hand has plenty of them but they all say will not ship to US). If you could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
What You Really Need to Know

Again, does your Jeep not have a voltmeter for the starter battery? If so, all you need is a device to monitor the second battery and, assuming that you are using this for typical camper loads, amp flow in and out is much more important than voltage.

Granted that it is slightly overkill, but I use a Bogart TriMetric and a Blue Sky intelligent charge controller to monitor my camper battery bank. (Kind of interesting to see when they agree and when they differ.) In my case, the meters are over the camper door. This works well, as the only time I need to worry about the camper battery is when I am stopped. I do know of someone who placed his TriMetric so that it could be seen in the rear view mirror.

jeepovich

Explorer
The jeep does not have OEM voltmeter and the two batt are both integrated as a camping and starting battery system. Amp counter is definitely the most accurate way to know how many amps you used vs how many amps left in batt based on batt rating but in my application it is an overkill. I just need a simple voltage monitor to monitor for potential problems with intelligent isolator solenoid and alternator.
I'm lucky to have a friend in the land of down under who'll be sending me one those Projecta monitors:beer:.
paranoid56 , out of curiosity who makes the unit in your rig?

Last edited:

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
The jeep does not have OEM voltmeter ...
I'm lucky to have a friend in the land of down under who'll be sending me one those Projecta monitors:beer:.

Congrats! But really, you should have gone to Oz to get it yourself! :) (Great country.)

KellyM

Adventurer
The jeep does not have OEM voltmeter and the two batt are both integrated as a camping and starting battery system. Amp counter is definitely the most accurate way to know how many amps you used vs how many amps left in batt based on batt rating but in my application it is an overkill. I just need a simple voltage monitor to monitor for potential problems with intelligent isolator solenoid and alternator.

Any chance your friend wants to send two? I have my NL monitor mounted next to the steering wheel, where it is very difficult for me to see. I also have a J30 with a Ham radio going above the rear view mirror, so am looking for a smaller monitor to mount within easy sight and not much room left. I have been having problems keeping the 2nd battery connected for full charging, and want to closely monitor the situation. Thanks.

jeepovich

Explorer
Well finally the day came when I finished installing Projecta batt monitor. Special thanks to Scott H Murray for sending me the unit:beer:. I think I'm the only one in US with it (as far as internet research have shown).
I do admit that I have a mild case of OCD (at least according to my girl friend:)) and so I try to arrange things to maximise efficiency and aesthetics. This little monitor is exactly what I was looking for. I mounted in the spot where I can easily glance at it while it looks symmetrical with other stuff in the cab.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier