1st time poster - Opinions on purchase of a 2010 Quigley

Flyinfrenchman

004.jpg

been lurking for some time, figure 2015 is time for a change... somewhat local (4hrs drive) is a 2010 E350 5.4 EWB, asking $6000CAD and sits at 90,000miles, interior is rough as it was used to haul mining personnel. One question I have pertains to the dented front fenders and doors (both sides), I suspect might indicate that the van bottomed out. What's your thoughts? Should I run away, or take the plunge?

flightcancled

Explorer
I would be more concerned with rust hiding under the black bedliner(?) on the rocker panels, and under the rig. I think it could be a steal though. If the stuff that's rough is what is hitting a dumpster anyway who cares? The fact that they would run that antenna wire OUTSIDE the vehicle suggests to me they haven't messed with things much. Also makes me wonder how much maintenance it has recieved. Get a look at the company records.

Flyinfrenchman

Thanks... I suspect the bedliner was applied to limit sandblasting damage, It spent its life on dirt roads and Canadian Shield rock is as hard as they come!!

Flyinfrenchman

hadn't thought of that!! would make sense... remember as a kid pushing my uncle's suburban off the lift with the door open... hmmm

Chris... thanks for the T-shirt... I guessed Sherpa's weight!!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Check it over thoroughly, and if it's what you're looking for, factor in repair costs and see what you can get it for. 6K for a 2010 seems like a good price, just be cautious, there may be a reason for the 'deal'!

86scotty

Cynic
Those dents are odd, maybe the door was over extended?
I was thinking that. This is really common on Sprinters but I haven't seen it on Econolines and we have a million high mile ones in the fleet. I would suspect that kind of damage is from a collision knocking the frame/body out of alignment. Maybe you can find out if it's ever been wrecked?

Good luck.

Flyinfrenchman

021.jpg
dings at door seam look like hinges could have made contact... waiting on the owner's response on frame damage / repair. He did send me the safety inspection and nothing showed up on frame damage.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
hadn't thought of that!! would make sense... remember as a kid pushing my uncle's suburban off the lift with the door open... hmmm

Chris... thanks for the T-shirt... I guessed Sherpa's weight!!

Ah! Didn't know this was you! Very welcome.

Looks like a bit of rust under there in spots that usually don't see it.

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Keep in mind that it's a mine truck and they've got a reputation for being used hard. Ignore the mileage and closely inspect.

Flyinfrenchman

No problem... I managed the Mining Maintenance department at a mine not too long ago... I know how they get used and abused - LOL only small vehicle that showed excellent durability is them Landcruisers... and their only saving grace is total lack of occupant comfort... harsh ride = low speed - LOL

Thanks guys!!!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
No worries... On the topic of Landcruisers, I know them well. Taken parts off a countless number and parted out an Fj45 along the build journey to build my Fj40. Some day I'll tow it behind my Camperized Ambo, and drive it out from base camp. :D

jtolle777

If the dents are along the door/fender seam, it's most likely from over extending the doors. Seen it many, many times on Ford vans (my days as an ambulance jockey)... High winds and/or careless Paramedics = bent door and fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne