anyone make swaybar quick disconnects for dodge 2500?

Texan1983

Adventurer
Any one make any? Also does anyone have experience with unbolting the links for off road travel? used to do this to my old Tacoma and it drastically improved the ride offroad.

thinking the same with the dodge... don't think I need limit straps with the bilstiens 5100. may not improve the travel much but I think the ride and side to side jarring would go away...

Thanks

Didn't the newer power wagons have a swaybar disconnect? Can you swap one of those? I thought they were electric though, so it maybe a royal pain.

07Ram

Power Wagon set up is super expensive and I have heard running no sway bar has a terrible effect on street driving.
I don't think there are any Dodge Ram specific disconnects but you can use Jeep TJ disconnects as they are similar (stud on top and horizontal bolt on bottom). You'll need to measure them out depending on lift heights.
Middle of the road expense wise at least compared to the Power Wagon setup, there's the Carli Torsion Bar. But if you get that I would definitely recommend limiting straps. I can show you why if your interested.
*Edit: Forgot to mention that yes, disconnecting for off road is a world of difference.

Texan1983

Adventurer
the carli bar is ridiculous for a guy like me... I know i need it on the street, just wondering if i can just unhook it for the offroad days (never over 40mph)

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
make em

i made some for my dodge out of the carli ones my kit came with, i just made them similar to the jeep style with a cotter pin that holds the lower link on the bolt. ive run it disconnected on the pavement and its not bad, but my truck is a reg cab hemi, so alot lighter than yours. cost a couple bucks and took a few minutes to make them.

crismateski

American Adventurist
I have a power wagon, had an issue with the electronic sway bar. Ended up pulling the endlink off, been off for 2 years now. No big deal. The carli or thuren bars dont really need to be disconnected if you go that route

str8six

Thuren makes quick disconnects for his sway bar. I'm not sure if they work with a stock set up. I don't know if he has them on his website, maybe check his Facebook page or call him since is website isn't up to date.

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
These work well.

I picked up quick disconnect pin to replace the bolts. Just haven't made the tab to hold it disconnected.

http://www.polyperformance.com/Syne...dge-06-08-Mega-Cab-1500-4x4-98-5-12-2500-3500

You can see mine tied up here.

IMG_20150109_144011818_HDR.jpg

Dixie27

Ive run the my Carli kit for 6 years without a sway bar .......no problems.....huge difference offroad...

1stDeuce

Explorer
I tie one link up on my TJ, just like Wh1t3nukle. No issues yet. I have pin-style disconnects, but only disconnecting one seems to work well, without having to tie up the bar. With the OE link, I think you have to pull it, as it won't fold up against the bar like that. I used to pull both on my TJ and tuck the links up over the coil buckets.

I'll agree that the ride improvement is HUGE. I'm looking for a similar solution for my GMC... Unfortunately, the sway bar extends between the steering linkage and UCA, so pulling one link would allow the bar to hit them if the going gets really rough... I may try it anyway and see just how rough it has to get...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier