Boom. The 2017 Ford Raptor has landed.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Twin Turbo V6 making more power than the V8 (411 HP, 434 ft. lb.).
Ten speed transmission.
New frame.
Lighter.
Beefier shocks.
New Torsen dif in the front. Likely an LSD, since the locker in the rear on the Raptor was a ford E-Locker, no?

ohqe4g6uzbbgclckhk16.jpg

fcegr5anzfhhqe8nbhjb.jpg

by2xzxndhmwm0biip9kk.jpg

She looks good, but still not as good as the Atlas, which was in my opinion the best looking modern truck ever shown.

arz7tctaqvxhoo8z8jez.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Wow, pretty damn sexy. I wonder how much MSRP will be.

Any word on the Atlas being released?

nick325i

Adventurer
10 speed huh.

I wonder when we'll hit our limit on gear ratios in an auto. It seems like it would be constantly shifting. With that said, we have an 14' Audi with an 8 speed and it performs great so who knows.

I just want to see how all these turbo V6's hold up after 200k miles.

Clutch

<---Pass
I just want to see how all these turbo V6's hold up after 200k miles.

I think most buyers get bored and trade them in before 200K.

Only cheap dirt bags like me hang on to vehicles for 200-300K. All-N-All..vehicles are a waste of money, rather invest it somewhere else.

New Raptor is cool looking though.

155mm

Adventurer
2013 and 2014 Raptors already had the front LSD. All years have the e-locker in the rear.

I like the looks of that rear bumper, with the dove-tail look and higher exhaust. Not a fan of the front and rear FORD stamp though, looks a bit too Toyota-like.

nick325i

Adventurer
I think most buyers get bored and trade them in before 200K.

Only cheap dirt bags like me hang on to vehicles for 200-300K. All-N-All..vehicles are a waste of money, rather invest it somewhere else.

New Raptor is cool looking though.

True. I was talking more from a work truck stand point. We buy our shop trucks new and put 200-300k on them in 5 yrs or so then swap them out. I guess we'll have to stick with the base NA V6 or V8 while they are still available.

I do like the way the new F150 look a lot. Maybe my next truck if I choose to step down from a 3/4 ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94