1977 F150

98dango

Expedition Leader
All of the above. You definitely have a wrap problem. That should be addressed. Then it's just more adventure

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well get to building my friend and take pictures. I'll be up for a trip late February early March.

RedF

Adventurer
I think there's something more than just axle wrap going on there. Broken leaf spring centerbolt or spring perch? How did it go that far and not grenade the u joint?

98dango

Expedition Leader
My old f250 with brand new everything would do that on a weekly basis. I found that at full drop my shock hit the tube moved shock mount fixed that problem. I added a traction bar because of boggers 16 years old and a warm 460 and a 4speed. I do think that he might have some warn parts for sure.

I'm building that center link. I'm also going to relocate the lower shock mount, redo my leafsprings with teflon inserts and poly bushings

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
if you are getting wrap that bad, your shocks are definitely blown. I'd probably invest in some new replacement springs too, your are likely worn out (and they are pretty soft to begin with).
docking-008.jpg

docking-002.jpg

that's how I solved the wrap problem on my old Bronco...rubber bushing at the frame, 3/4" rod end at the axle, and some 1.75" tubing. It was night and day better, and helped with sway in the back too. "2 Links" force the rear to work like a parallel 4 link (with an upper that is slightly flexible).

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
it cycled ~14-15" of wheel travel, and there was no bind at all. From full bump to full droop, the rear spring eye to center pin distance only changed about 1/4-1/2"; thats all going off memory from 5+ years ago. That truck really worked a LOT better after I did those though.

amgvr4

Adventurer
I just got the rear finished up on my truck and having the new shocks on made a huge difference. Also replacing the spring and shackle bushings made a big improvement. The poly bushing kit was only $43 from summit and it was night and day better.

Last edited:
My new "torque arm" is welded up and installed. I will post pictures when I'm done arguing with the uploader. Axle wrap is gone! Feels great and does burnouts instead of hopping all over the place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94