Finally got a Cobalt

SCARDUP

Observer
I'm definitely weight conscious and I certainly sacrificed a little weight for added strength. I think fully loaded I'll be about 1800 lbs in the neon but haven't gotten that far yet. Is 1600 your loaded or dry weight?

1600 loaded is my best guess. It's around 1450 dry and it doesn't have a water tank. I'm guessing my camping chairs, bedding, and 5lb propane tank with 3gal of drinking water along with some misc items don't add up to more then 150lbs. I'll have to take it to the scales next time I'm loaded up to get an exact number.

MountainD

Adventurer
My dry weight, far as I know, at this point is 1300. I figure an additional 225 with the solar panel/batteries and another 250 with supplies is a fair assessment. Gosh it adds up quick! It sure gets me thinking about the gauge of metal I used for the frame (it added about 300 lbs for a new frame and I cut off probably 25 lbs), but if this is meant for true off road, then it needs to be stout. I just can't judge well what "stout" means yet. I bet I'll go lighter next time around.... I am already thinking of ways to shed pounds...

SCARDUP

Observer
f37bd906f356e676bf4ff264ce97c9c7.jpg

Took the trailer out for the 4th time this year up highway 88 to hope valley CA about 20miles south of South Lake Tahoe. The pulls up the grades were almost unbearable. I started another thread on my tow vehicle woes but as of now the plan is to get a set of 35" tires for the jeep and try that. If that doesn't help, I'll try a super charger most likely a RIPP. I gathered some 2x4 steel tubing to fabricate the lift for the trailer and I am about to pull the trigger on some 14" rims and 195/75-14 D BFG T/A KOs. I also am contemplating removing the kitchen/heater cabinetry and buying a chuck box since the wife and I both agree that the kitchen will never get used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94