Rig weight

98dango

Expedition Leader
On my last trip I stopped by a road side scale I know not 100% accurate but I was floored at what it said. So got me wondering how much others where sitting at.
Please post up motor hidden winch things for others to know

98dango

Expedition Leader
2000 superduty 5.4 gas no winches no front bumper and a light camping load no tools.

7850 with half a tank of fuel.

chaos616

Adventurer
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLT 6.0L:

Before my SAS i had: full 1/4" skid plates and rock sliders, 2 batteries, 33" tires steel wheels, steel roof rack, new rear sub (inside original frame rails) frame with 30g blazer fuel tank, steel front (arb) and rear (homemade) bumpers and M8274 winch up front and some accessories. With 2 people and off road gear (100 lbs) truck came out to 8200 lbs.

Updates from then, Corp. 14 bolt/D60 hybrid front axle, coilovers, NV4500 and NP261 (same weight as original np263) swap, and H1 24 bolt wheels and 37" tires (150 a piece at least). I guesstimate weight real close to 9000 lbs. That being said the sprung weight has not changed much.

With eventual cummins 12V swap probably more toward 9500 lbs...

Fullsize 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks are heavy, add that to the fact that steel is much easier to fab than aluminum and the weight piles on quick.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
i need to get a current weight, but last time I clocked in at the dump for an empty weight it was right around 4750 with me in it and ~18 gallons of fuel. I weigh about 185. I've since added a shell, but dropped a little weight in other places (steel wheels and a few of the leaves are gone, aluminum/plastic radiator in place of copper brass), so should be about even. Pretty stoked to be well under 5k empty with a big block F350...haven't even started to throw any aluminum at the engine yet!

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
wow

pretty big spread on weights for gas trucks! my 03 ram 2500 standard cab hemi 5spd weighs about 6200 with steel wheels and 37's highlift, 12k winch, air compressor, tools, etc.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Most folks never bother to weigh their rigs but it is worth the effort of stopping in a truck stop next time you are on your way to a trail.

I have a 1970 Suburban and fully loaded with 3 people, full fuel & camp gear puts me at just under 6500lbs.
This is a new thing for me to be under GVW (7500lbs)

I still have a few things to add but there is no way I will end up even at GVW so I am a happy camper.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Have not weighed it separate, advertised weight is 950?

I want to weigh my truck on a different scale. I can't see almost 8k with out all my gear and winches bumper ect.

If your 8680 ready to go and I'm basically 800 less with no camper a small block no spairs

super04duty

Observer
Last time i weighted my truck, I had a bigger tool box (tho both are aluminum, and have the same gear inside, which is a lot of trailer hitches and chain and shackles and tools that weigh quite a bit), hi-lift, full tank of fuel, and 16x12s with some dunlop mud tires, it weighed in at around 8500lbs if I remember right. Was weighed on a LARGE dairy's feed scale, so you know it was accurate. (no weigh, no pay,.. knows all of us hay haulers)

I haven't weighed it since I added my camper shell and rack and such. This was also with stock bumpers and no winches yet either. Steel bumpers and winches ARE coming also. Poor truck is a porker.

Its an '04 F350 CCLB with a 6.0l and automatic.

amgvr4

Adventurer
I went to the dump a bit ago and the truck was around 7600 lbs IRC. That is with the current wheels tires rear bumper and D60. I don't remember how much fuel I had, but I did have my recovery box in the back and that is good for about 100 lbs.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I love my OBS Powerstroke. SO much lighter than the superduties!

Empty truck weight (full tanks + tools + spares) 6800lbs

Camper loaded dry weight 9000

Camper loaded wet weight 9400

chassis280.jpg

Swedeski

Adventurer
a5de0f4bd4ef40ef0f775d72af0a4c72.jpg

Chevy 1500 5.7L gas. Half tank and some wet snow on the camperroof. Some tools no camping equipment.

5820 pounds / 2640 kg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz