Selling RTT and Aluminum Rack

Topgun514

Adventurer
This is a sweet RTT and mounting rack for a frontier (or any midsize truck) and mounts currently directly to utilitrak. In great shape and priced low for winter-time. I am selling it so feel free to PM me any questions

I'm selling my Mombasa Roof Top tent with a custom aluminum mounting rack. The tent probably has 20-30 days only of use, the canvas cover is patched in a few spots but does NOT leak. The tent has been re-waterproofed this fall but I have never had an issue with it.

Aluminum rack was custom made by a welder on RME local to the SLC area, your truck will break before it does- I have had close to 1000 lbs on it and taken it offroad. No issues. Rack mounts to utilitrak and is very easy to take on an off- just a 9/16 wrench and 8 bolts.

Asking $1200 and will meet within reason + gas but would love to be SLC local.

The tent itself is in good condition, great considering the abuse most are sold for. The rack is built so everything is below the roofline and does not affect MPG like most, also, it is high enough for whatever you need to toss in the back. The aluminum keeps the weight down too. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns here.

Will entertain offers for a truck shell. Looking for a white cab-high topper.

If Mods need this taken down I will do so.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Yes, for how often I carry ski's and bikes and do not camp, I am going to invest in a Leer for safety and do an interior build, get a Truck Tent like so...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KVXUEO...TF8&colid=39ERP2K8OR1YJ&coliid=I2U5QF0A1TYY12

Last year I camped 6 days. For how awesome the system is, someone else should enjoy it more.

Ahhh, I hear ya. They are a great system but not for everybody, that is for sure. Well, good luck with the sale. Your Frontier looks great BTW.

Topgun514

Adventurer
Thanks, I love your build btw. I actually called the shop in MT you got your bumper from about getting an ARB but I am torn. My truck has new 235-85 R16 Cooper AT3's, as opposed to the stockers in the pics...also has an OME607 kit w/ AAL; these trucks are easier to have an "I'm done" build than my old Jeep. I have been enjoying this truck and looking forward to more fun.

Last edited:

Blind_Io

Adventurer
How did you like the tent? I'm considering doing one on my XTerra at some point, but some other projects are currently taking priority.

Topgun514

Adventurer
It is awesome, Blind. Great for Utah. You are high up, flat, great ventilation, and (this tent) has the easiest set up. Simply pull over and within 15 seconds, you have a comfortable, soft bed, in 1 minute, your ladder is set up and you are tossing yourself in.

For Utah, the desert camping, views from being up high, lack of dust on the ground, up from flash floods has made life better when camping. My tent is about 100 lbs and thin so it's not much to consider up there. I wish I used it more however, and putting money towards a truck shell is worth it for me however- security for all of my ski gear.

But I, hands-down, LOVE RTT's. Come by and take a look at mine if you'd like and we can chat about them- not just mine, but others too! Kurt w/ cruiser outfitters in Sandy is a good guy to chat with as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz