military water and fuel jugs

The water jugs also known as Scepter cans sell new for $40-45, and are made of plastic. In used condition they sell for $15-$25. I didn't see any fuel cans also known as jerry cans which are made of steel and usually run $20-35 or more depending on condition and age. Older ones from WW2 can get more if in good shape. New made Jerry cans sell typically for around $40-50. Dates of cans are usually stamped in the bottom and if you see one that says USMC, that's United States Metal Container co. I've always been a military surplus collector.

Yuccahead

Adventurer
The 2 on the right with 3 bars in the handle are Scepter Military Fuel Cans. You can look on eBay to see what they sell for and see the different nozzles (for gas or diesel) that people offer on eBay. You can also buy replacement gaskets (for use with either diesel or gas).

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
JAGMTE will have the replacement gaskets that you'll need to run those MFC's, which are configured for diesel, with gas instead (the diesel gaskets will swell when exposed to gasoline, breading the gasket retainer). I'd recommend putting red cap leashes on to distinguish them as gasoline containers, versus diesel container.

offero

Desert rat
JAGMTE will have the replacement gaskets that you'll need to run those MFC's, which are configured for diesel, with gas instead (the diesel gaskets will swell when exposed to gasoline, breading the gasket retainer). I'd recommend putting red cap leashes on to distinguish them as gasoline containers, versus diesel container.

I recently swapped viton gaskets and red straps onto my plastic jerry cans with parts from JAGMTE... he ships fast and has some cool stuff. One note: get a wrench for the caps. As hard as I turned, and I thought I got the caps on tight, I had gas seep from mine in their Baja Rack mounts. I whipped out the wrench and tightened those babies down!

His water can cap with the spigot is pretty nice too!

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I recently swapped viton gaskets and red straps onto my plastic jerry cans with parts from JAGMTE... he ships fast and has some cool stuff. One note: get a wrench for the caps. As hard as I turned, and I thought I got the caps on tight, I had gas seep from mine in their Baja Rack mounts. I whipped out the wrench and tightened those babies down!

His water can cap with the spigot is pretty nice too!

The cap wrench was the first thing I ever bought, after breaker a couple of cheap strap wrenches. The spigot is nice but instead I bought a couple of extra caps and did the pressurized spigot conversions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior