1989 SUBURBAN V2500 PROJECT

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Looking good so far, I'm dealing with a lot of the similar and a few shipping blankets on the floor boards makes it more comfortable.
On a side note, my friend came by today and told me that he wants to take out the four speed and drop in a auto, he has an 89 blazer with a hydraulic clutch, what do these setups sell for.

Hello Dratwagon, wow if your friend is removing his manual system he is sitting on gold, I would be very interested in the pedal set, master and slave for sure let me know how much he wants for it. Sad to hear that he has decided to go with an auto, I understand though there are some very positive facts to having an auto in a 4x4, tell him to start a post here if he hasn't already there is just too much good info and a lot of great real world drivers that love to share. To answer your question the last pedal set I have seen anywhere in the United States sold for around 300 dollars, it was down in Florida and sold in about 30 minutes when it was posted.

Now for the Fun Stuff, Bodywork Time. I had less than 3 weeks left with my teaching job here in Montana when the college decided to close the program, and here I was with 4 students left to graduate and a Suburban totally disassembled. We did a lot of after class projects and the Suburban became a rush. My students wanted to see a door handle and lock system that could be removed and have a smooth door, I decided to try this out on my rear barn door.

For ease of work I removed the door and the glass to show everyone how easy of a project this can be.

IMG_8842.JPGIMG_9103.JPGYETI Barn Door 3.JPG

After welding plates to fill the holes I decided to use an old powerful door lock actuator and relay to create a trunk pop system for the rear door. It opens with the push of a button or the remote output on the trunk pop button of the alarm, that hasn't been installed yet.

IMG_9250.JPG Little Primer in the booth

YETI Barn Door 5.JPG And here it is Re-installed.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Larry do you have some pics of the Clutch Master that you used, Is the fluid bowl remote or attached?

Ah, not very good pictures of the m/c. Everything is 85-91 square body style components (master, slave, remove reservoir, & reservoir mounting bracket). The master can barely be seen here
5282043862_15a7cc072e_z.jpg

Now up to the front of the Rig, I'm not a fan of external antenna, and hood emblems so off they came. The internal hood lock bar was damaged and the hood would flex going down the road and it cracked just in front of the hood emblem.

YETI 4.JPG

After Removal the grinding and welding began.

YETI Hood 2.JPGYETI Hood 5.JPGYETI Hood 6.JPGYETI Hood 8.JPG

Hood and fender are now all welded sanded and just a little filler it gave a smooth finished look and I don't have to worry about rust under the antenna and hood emblem.

IMG_4399.JPGIMG_4401.JPG

Dratwagon

Adventurer
That is so cheating, you have the body shop with students, I was a journeyman body man, when I was in college I supplied a few projects, those were good times. I think you might miss that door handle. Looks real good.
My friend wants an overdrive, he needs to sqve some money first.

After prepping the outside of the rig and making it ready for the first sealer coat, I worked my way in to the inside prepped it and shot the Raptor Liner.

upol-up0821-400.jpgIMG_4506.JPGIMG_4507.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94