1989 SUBURBAN V2500 PROJECT

Finally had some time to start the Interior, I like to work from top to bottom. Here is the new headliner and some para cord work for the handles to match the new theme.

IMG_5898.JPGIMG_5927.JPG

underdrive

jackwagon
Those paracord handles must have taken hours each to complete... Sure do look good tho. And in the worst case scenario, you have lots of paracord available when you're out in the wild.

Well to be honest with you Underdrive I have been selling paracord wrapped grab handles for a while now. It takes me about 30 min to wrap one with multiple colors, single colors are much faster. Let me know if I can do some for you. You get about 25 ft of total usable cord per handle, if they end up being used for what ever reason needed I will re wrap them for free.

underdrive

jackwagon
Oh i'd love some, but none of our stupid trucks has a single interior grab handle! And the exterior ones (you know, so you can climb up without hanging off the steering wheel for the driver or performing a high-wire balancing act at the other doors) we had to add ourselves. I've been meaning to do something about it for what's probably years now, but there are always other more important projects, one of these days I gotta get my posterior in gear and get them done tho...

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Is that the donor vehicle with the engine that is for sale? If so, YA! That looks like a nice complete unit. L29 7.4L’s are great engines. If you can grab everything for $400 that would be a steal. The intake and accessory brackets alone are worth at least $400.

If you go for it, I would not recommend reusing the donor truck harness for the swap. It is a much cleaner and simpler deal to start with a brand new fresh stand-alone harness than ******** around with reworking a donor harness and spend years chasing electrical gremlins. Howell Engine Development sells harnesses for those for around $600 and can do any special ECM tuning for an additional $200. I just bought a new Howell harness for the 8.1L going into my ’89 Burb that came in at $600 and they are worth every penny.

Yep Larry, this is the whole vehicle for sale. The Trans is done the T-Case is ok. Engine seems fine, tune up for sure but it all looks good. Thanks for the heads up on the aftermarket harness.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Let me start by saying what a great looking rig:Wow1: Todd. I just read your thread for the first time and you have come light years ahead on your build. You and Larry only inspire guys like me to do more with their rigs. I was especially interested in the hydro boost swap that you have going. All the info from you and the other guys is very informative. I am really liking reading about your progress and will certainly stay tuned to see what you do. Keep up the good work. Cheers Chilli...:)

Hello Chilli, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I have learned a great deal from Larry and his Polar Bear and make contact with him often. He is a great resource for Chevy Equipment and knows his stuff. We are both glad to share and if you have any questions about the Hydro Boost systems just let me know. It was one of the best upgrades I have done beyond the NV4500 and the 454 that was installed. I do recommend the power steering fluid cooler, it helps a great deal and adds just about a quart of fluid to the system. When I removed the Hydro Boost from the junk yard, I grabbed all the hoses and the pump and the cooler. It works great, and you'll love it, Big Time Brake Power Upgrade. Let me know how your build is going, I am following along with yours also. TODD

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have to agree with Larry buy a harness. I did not on my last swap project after 2 weeks of pulling my hair out I was so frustrated with the whole thing I sold the project for penny on the dollar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier