WTB - Snowpeak Pack & Carry Fireplace, Large, & Accessories

Howard70

Adventurer
We're looking for a Snowpeak Pack & Carry Fireplace (large size) setup. If you'd like to part with yours send me a PM or an email.

We're located in New Mexico, but would consider paying for shipping & we travel north and west a lot so a pick up might be a possibility.

Howard

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Try Amazon, I've seen them on there before. I had the medium, then went down to the store in Portland and picked up the large with most of the accessories. They are AWESOME! Give the Portland store a call.

7f81de202a70dcef04ac7154f33df32d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Howard70

Adventurer
Thanks

95RRC:

Thanks - that's one reason for looking for a used setup.

TenaciousTJ:

Nice photo. Thanks for the leads - the Amazon listings have pretty high shipping (may be fair for the mass shipped, but more than I'd like to pay). Will try Portland.

Howard

Howard70

Adventurer
I spoke with Snowpeak last week and they predict they'll have some of these in stock in March or April. I'm still interested if anyone wants to part with theirs.

Howar

Howard70

Adventurer
Hmm, they told me the end of next week. Maybe you'll get lucky...

I hope the person you spoke to is better informed than the person I spoke to! End of next week would be great. I've signed up for their email notification when stock arrives, but I may be last on a long list....

rlynch356

Defyota
i bought mine from campsaver.com (15% discount for first order btw) and they had *most* of the grill bits that go with it at the time.
Might be worth calling them and putting in an order since it seems they normally have stock of snow peak gear.
they have the medium fire place now....
with snowpeak i tend to back order something and get happy when it shows up whenever that happens to be.

Howard70

Adventurer
Update - Available through Mountaineering Equipment Cooperative

We just received our Large Pack & Carry Fireplace, canvas bag, and grill from Mountaineering Equipment Cooperative:

http://www.mec.ca/product/5038-315/snow-peak-pack-carry-fireplace-l/?q=snow%2Bpeak

They apparently have others in stock if you are interested. A couple of points:

1. They are a membership cooperative and you need to be a member, but lifetime membership is only $5.00.

2. They are in Canada, but ship to the US via a combination of Canadian Post and US Postal Service. This was fast, efficient and did not seem to involve any extra customs fees (although there is some chance that we could get a separate invoice directly from US Customs for inspection charges but that seems unlikely).

3. Their website can be a bit confusing regarding availability (check individual stores - if any store has one you can order it).

4. If you decide to order, I recommend calling and have a salesperson confirm availability, etc.

5. At various stages you might receive emails suggesting that the items are backordered and could take 4 - 5 weeks to be shipped. Upon receipt of each of those notices I called and was assured that was an automatic notification due to the order coming from a particular store rather than their central shipping facility. Since ours arrive in a week, those assurances were spot on.

6. If price is more important to you than immediate availability you might prefer to wait. I felt MEC's prices were OK, but waiting for Snow Peak's incoming shipment might save you some money. How long that wait will be seems debatable.

Howard

Last edited:

h2os2

Adventurer
Interesting, I was just looking for one of these also. Thanks for the sharing a lead Howard. I would venture to the SP Portland store, if they hold products before they sold out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier