The year of adventure!

toyrunner95

Explorer
2014 for me ended on a pretty good note. I have a new job that finally pays me enough to survive and do what I want. I bought a 2013 Tacoma DC about a year ago and it has been great. I put about 20k miles on it this year alone. but hey its a Toyota and its my DD so i cant really complain. Sadly i broke up with my fiance'; but that was mutual and we both wanted to do different things. So 2015 is going to be the year of adventure!

I talked with a few of my friends and they are all gun ho to get out there and actually do what we have been dreaming about since college. My dream started back in 2000 with a magazine article I read in 4wd and sport utility; A 300,000 mile Toyota pickup rebuild for overland travel. I saved that whole build up series in a notebook and in the move to my house I found it! i was flipping through it again and i said to my self F$&# IT! Why not?! What is actually holding me back? I have the truck, I have the job, I work 4 10s so i have 3 days off a week, And i finally have the money! Why cant i just keep my truck packed and GO! right after work on saturday just get in the truck, grab the dog, and head out. Ill be back Wed Afternoon; do laundry, and head back to work!

hopefully i will update this thread with adventures and write ups about camps and directions and just see what is out there.

toyrunner95

Explorer
Well the first adventure is under my belt. I drove from bonney lake WA, To bend OR. About 600+ miles and 12 hours round trip. The drive was decent and the pass just south of Mt. Hood was very pretty. I plan on doing a trip there for sure. But the whole reason for driving for a whole day was to get my new RTT! It is a cvt Mt. Caley. Had to do the driveway setup. I have more pictures I just haven't had time to get them off my camera yet.
IMG_20150318_111557_532.jpg

toyrunner95

Explorer
well today I couldn't stand being cooped up any more. I had to get out and I had to get my truck int 4wd, 4lo locked if possible and all i can say is, mission accomplished!

J.jpg
D.jpg
F.jpg
H.jpg
I.jpg
A (800x534).jpg

Last edited:

toyrunner95

Explorer
Yeah, I'm not far from 410 and that's the gateway to the mid cascades. Today I went up the 70 road and tried to make the 7065 loop but someone was parked right ********** in the middle of the road so I had to back track. In a few weeks I'll head back up there and get some pics and vids. First nice weekend of the year and the place was packed.

nswanny

Observer
Yeah, I'm not far from 410 and that's the gateway to the mid cascades. Today I went up the 70 road and tried to make the 7065 loop but someone was parked right ********** in the middle of the road so I had to back track. In a few weeks I'll head back up there and get some pics and vids. First nice weekend of the year and the place was packed.

Not surprised. Seems you always run in to somebody up in those roads that thinks it's THEIR road.

Tanner

Observer
well today I couldn't stand being cooped up any more. I had to get out and I had to get my truck int 4wd, 4lo locked if possible and all i can say is, mission accomplished!

View attachment 277216
View attachment 277217
View attachment 277218
View attachment 277219
View attachment 277220
View attachment 277227

Great shots, look forward to seeing more from you. The truck is looking good, I got some things cleared up recently as well and am planning on doing lots of adventuring this year. This gives me even more encouragement to get out there !

toyrunner95

Explorer
I guess.... I'll have to look into how to do that lol. I have a YouTube channel that I'm setting up. I'm slowly acquiring camera gear and such to get that off the ground. I'll keep you guys up to date don't worry.

toyrunner95

Explorer
This Sunday I plan on heading out to Ft, flagler state park to do a trial run and see what I need to change. Also I have a hankering for Washington's best fish and chips in port townsend. So I'll post pics and what not soon. If anyone wants to stop by and say hi, go ahead. Dunno where I'll be but probably the upper loop on the bluff.

toyrunner95

Explorer
So I'm back from ft flagler. had a great time. I'll post pics tomorrow. I haven't had time to get the pics off the cam yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior