Might be selling my FJ40.....need help pricing pease.

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/70183-Slooooow-40-build

Hopefully the above link works as most of my images are in that build. Like the title says, I MAY be selling my 40. I just bought a new Tundra for work and still have my 80 that I have a lot of time and $$ invested in. I would like to possibly move the 40 as it just sits there these days and work just has me too busy to enjoy it and rebuild it the way I want. This is not urgent and you can PM me if you have any questions. I will list some specs below.

1978 FJ40 from Bolivia (I have all the import paperwork, legal and has been registered in AZ for the last 4 years)
I acquired the vehicle from the guy who imported it. I was originally Olive green and was painted in Bolivia. Paint not great and I was going to blast it and re-paint original. Interior has been changed a little - New gauge cluster and dash switches. I have the original, but it is in KPH.
Seats are Montero seats covered in Bolivian leather, I have the jump seats (extra long like the 43 series I believe) that are covered in the same leather. I put a Best Top bench seat in the back as I have 2 young daughters that love to ride in it.
Roll cage I have to believe was built in Bolivia, not well built and I would replace with Metal Tech or something like it if not original.
Gas tank was relocated to the rear, needs a breather line. Previous owners wife did not like the gas smell.
I put on a Hell Creek 4" lift.
60 series wheels with 33x10.5 BFG KM2's (5)
Toyota OEM winch ( I reserve the right to keep this winch!)
Original 2F rebuilt about 13,000 miles ago. Truck runs great!
Needs OEM washer bottle, bought a cheapy to get by.
Lots of extra parts come with the vehicle, I'll have to clean out the box to see what is in there. I know I have a clutch, misc. latches, etc.
I have a black bikini top that I never used, also have a set of Best top half doors in excellent condition. I have a CCOT tailgate as well.
There is NO rust, body is straight. I line x'd the back area to protect it.
Disc brakes up front with 4x4 labs high steer kit. Drums in rear.
Full floating rear axle.

I am sure I am missing some things, feel free to comment or ask me any questions. I just want to get some idea of what it might be worth. I do want it to go to someone who will appreciate the vehicle!

Thanks in advance, Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Arktikos

Explorer
I like everything about the way it looks, including seats. New paint is a better color than green, IMO. No idea what it's worth, but no doubt more than I could afford.:)

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
I like everything about the way it looks, including seats. New paint is a better color than green, IMO. No idea what it's worth, but no doubt more than I could afford.:)

I Love the color too, if it was done right. IF I had to take it all the way down I would either do the original paint, dune beige again or a color we did not get in the states.

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
Don't sell it, you'll regret it later. :(

You're preaching to the choir 1911! I regret even throwing this out there, I LOVE my 40! I can drive my 80 anywhere and be safe and comfortable, but I get behind the wheel of the 40 and the feeling....well, you know. With 2 young daughters, a growing business and my wife complaining about 4 vehicles in the driveway, I have to at least throw it out there. I would like to say that another 40 is in my future but who can really say. Every time I see your 40 on the trail (pictures) it is pure motivation to keep it! (SO please no pics for a while!)

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
I'll throw it out there... 10-15k. Depends a lot on local market. Disc Brakes?

Thanks, Bikersmurf. Yes there is a lot I am forgetting right now. Disc brakes up front with 4x4 labs high steer kit. Full floating rear axle, drums in rear. Front windows have the vent, not solid glass. New brake lines and fluid flushed in the last 2 tears.

Expedition Leader
I'll throw it out there... 10-15k. Depends a lot on local market. Disc Brakes?

If the tub is as straight and rust-free as it looks in the photos, 10K is too low IMO. What makes it hard to evaluate (in my opinion) is the fact that it's a Bolivian Cruiser; so many differences in stock trucks between the U.S. and other markets, and most buyers here will be looking at at/comparing it to U.S. spec trucks. In other words, if it were a stock U.S. Cruiser with all the original equipment (and the original color) it would be worth a lot more. But my guess is that 15K wouldn't be out of the question. Maybe more with the right buyer.

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
I absolutely agree with 1911. This a unique 40 and that is why I bought it for "more" than others I was looking at that were in similar condition but much more run down. I see 40's with quite a bit of rust selling for $15k and it is shocking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior