I need bar risers - but how much?

jjstahl3

Explorer
I'm 6'2" and own a 2000 Suzuki DRZ 400 - I dont ride it that much but when I do I have to bend over a lot to reach the bars while standing on the pegs -

I have read a bunch about different bar bends and risers and think I need both - I picked up a set of protaper bars with the pastrana atv bend and was looking at ROX risers but how much to get they make them with 2", 3 1/2 and 5 inch rise?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-elite-pivot-risers-for-78-or-1-18-handlebars

any thoughts from those tall riders out there? if I go more then 2 inches will I need to lengthen cables?

1379824_10201693747967788_584308790_n.jpg

Photo Jan 14, 8 33 05 AM (1).jpg

parkkitchings

Adventurer
I put the same bar with 2 inch risers on my XR650L and did not have to change out the cables. I'd imagine with the 5" you'd have to though. I'm six foot tall and the set up I went to works well for me when standing if that's any help. Sure makes it nice when standing to not be bend over. Good luck with the change over.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I am 6'4", and have ended up about 3.5" above stock on my DR650. I am close to maxed out on my cable length, but I could gain more cable by removing the gas tank and rerouting the cables.

I would guess that you will be fine with the cables if you go 2" up, if you do more than that it might get tight.

Oh, and I like my Rox risers.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Lots of people put too much rise on their bars. Your knees and elbows should be a little bent while standing up. Just like any other athletic "ready position" Acting as a suspension for your chassis(your body).

I see to many people out there with risers that let them stand totally straight up with locked out legs and arms.

jjstahl3

Explorer
So I got a free set of bars and my buddy had some bar adapters so I went with the free route for now and between the adapters and the bars I was able to raise the bar end height from about 46 inches up to 49

Putting on some new grips and need to go try it out and see how it feels now

f730e54e62986a82f921f45eec2ad71c.jpg

09cf1733c826366a7ad62a7443e75be3.jpg

Now I need to relocate the key

Scott Brady

Founder
I usually go with a 30mm bar riser and rotate the bars up a touch. I am 6'1", and this works for most bikes. On my Husky, I needed to raise and rotate the bars, plus lower the pegs 10mm and move them 10mm rearward too. Funky ergos on that bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles