Where does it become to modified?

XJLI

Adventurer
I'm in the same position, about to sell our built ZJ because it only gets used a few times a year, built axles with long arms and 35's plus all of the heavy armor gets to be too much after awhile. A point and shoot type rig takes the challenge out of things that used to be fun.

Yup. With a full tank of gas and loaded down for a wheeling trip I was close to 5100 lbs. Thats a lot for the 4.0 even with the 5.13 gears. I've taken my Disco wheeling and it's a blast doing it with a stocker on easy trails, and a lot less stress. No more trying a line, being bored, and then trying something stupid and tearing up your truck. Reminds you of how capable a most of our trucks really are straight out of the box.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Yup. With a full tank of gas and loaded down for a wheeling trip I was close to 5100 lbs. Thats a lot for the 4.0 even with the 5.13 gears. I've taken my Disco wheeling and it's a blast doing it with a stocker on easy trails, and a lot less stress. No more trying a line, being bored, and then trying something stupid and tearing up your truck. Reminds you of how capable a most of our trucks really are straight out of the box.
I agree about stock out of the box. My 80 is factory locked and with a 2.5" lift and 285s it gets me into trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior