Just some G63 snow shots

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/15/mercedes-amg-g63-spy-shots/

mercedes-g63-amg-spy-01-1.jpg

The last time we saw Mercedes-Benz testing its camouflaged, lime-green G63 AMG, it was on the sunny roads of Germany. Perhaps recognizing that this was a tragic waste of its talents, Mercedes has now moved testing of its new brute to the windy, snowy tarmac of Sweden.

Besides being a far more suitable environment for its monstrous G-Wagen, Mercedes' arrival in Scandinavia gives us yet another look at its 6x6-inspired updates. Judging by the license plates, this is the exact same vehicle we spotted way back in November, which gave us our original look at the impending arrival of the G's hoisted-up ride height, more aggressively flared fenders and meatier off-road-ready tires.

As with our previous report, our spies are still arguing that the next G63 will be fitted with Mercedes' 5.5-liter, twin-turbocharged V8. That means as much as 544 horsepower and 560 pound-feet of torque will be on tap, and it'll all be dispatched via a seven-speed automatic transmission.

The next G-Wagen is still on pace for a debut this year, although we still aren't sure where. Forced to put money on it, we'd bet on a European show, likely March's Genevan extravaganza or September's Frankfurt show.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I have to say, I really like the ride height on this one. Just slap a slightly more aggressive tire on this and go.

Although a twin turbo'd V8 sounds nice, I'd rather just have a mild turbo diesel. Who am I kidding, I'd take a G with any engine.

r3run33

Adventurer
would love to see the suspension set up; the article says it "MAYBE" same as the 6 wheel version. still probably can't afford it :Wow1:

zimm

Expedition Leader
they are starting to look monster truck freakish. 20 years ago the G crowd would scoff at guys that lifted a suburban to look like this, but yet.. here we are. somehow, the ruskies and the sheiks have made a monster truck market for OEM hyper lifter G's, and the faithful now love the look.

personally, i think the body looks disproportionate with anything greater than a 295 r16. the small wheel wells, narrow body, and lack of clearances become noticeable and less attractive.

LeTechUSABill

Observer
I have to say, I really like the ride height on this one. Just slap a slightly more aggressive tire on this and go.

Although a twin turbo'd V8 sounds nice, I'd rather just have a mild turbo diesel. Who am I kidding, I'd take a G with any engine.

We can build you one right away!

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne