What HD mirrors will fit 94 E350

Jb1rd

Explorer
I have seen vans that have the bigger/nicer truck style mirrors like these two versions, my question is will the wiring for my mirrors be sufficient for these, will I need to change the control pad on the door or can I just rewire the pigtail connections at the mirror? One thing I noticed yesterday and on the trip out from FL is that towing is only a problem in the fact that I can't see worth a darn with the tiny little mirrors on it. (and the HD mirrors just look tough) Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• HDmirrors.jpg
    HDmirrors.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 148
  • towingmirrors.jpg
    towingmirrors.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 148

flightcancled

Explorer
You've identified the only two commercially available options I know about.

The Ford "Paddle" mirrors have a heater built in. In my 92 additional holes were needed to install them, and no wiring is in the door for the heaters. I think this is the case up until 2006 models. (Someone correct me, I'm probably wrong.)

The Velvac mirrors have power adjustment and heat. I have found Velvac specific switches and wiring harnesses on Ebay, so I know they have the option of using their own parts, however I don't see why you can't make it work with any other similar switch system.

I am in the middle of option 3: Buy E-series Paddle Mirrors and F-series Super Duty Mirrors and swap the bases to gain power adjustment, running lights, and turn signals. It isn't a super fun project though. It has taken much longer than expected to get halfway with rebuilding the mirrors. As I said before I have NO wiring in place, so I will be making a wiring harness and finding a switch from another vehicle to make the system work.

mikracer

Adventurer
I think the early vans only had 2 mounting bolts for the mirrors. At some point, the mounting changed to 3 bolts and the ones you have pictured are 3 bolt. I read that driling the extra bolt is a PITA and someone even suggested replacing the entire door. Easy way to check if they will work with yours is to take off the trim piece on the inside and see how many bolts you have.

flightcancled

Explorer
The ones I bought my rig with have 4 bolts. I've heard anything from 2-4 holes are possible. Also that if one bolt doesn't line up you can just chop it off. I would have to agree, while I found all 4 bolts.through the door, 3 had nuts on them, and 2 were actually holding the mirror on.

b53b1c7d2207e690c68023848bc9c772.jpg

Dovwagner

What year is ur van^? I'm wanting to put the dual arms on my 98, but am concerned with how daunting it looks (don't want to mess things up).

Dovwagner

Hopefully the pics I put up will actually post.
I took it on this weekend and am so happy with the results. Super easy all you need to do is drill the top and bottom holes bigger and drill two new holes for the 2 middle studs. The top 3 studs are the only ones I used to tighten down. Hope it helps. Sorry the pics are out of order and upside down. I'm new to this :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads