Difference between G 280 CDI and G 300 CDI

MD5

Hi all,

I'm interested in purchase a G-Wagen to be later transformed into a long range travel vehicle.
I'm confused about wich model best suit my needs.

I found an interesting G 280 CDI EDITION30.Pur with Offroad Package 2. I was tempted to buy it but this evening a guy warn me that it's better to choose the G 300 Professional because the engine is more reliable thanks to a factory added oil cooler and a different ECU that allow better handling of the faults and limp mode.

Wich in your opinion is the more reliable engine ? Wich model you suggest to buy ?

Can you explain the difference what's included in the "Off-Road package 2" ?

Thanking in advance for any advice,

Mario

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Are these new models you are talking about? We only see the G500 variants here in North America (where most members here live), so we might not be the best source of info. There are quite a few members here who are very knowledgable with some of the older euro-spec Gs, but I'm pretty sure none of them have "limp mode" (members might, but their Gs don't!).

MD5

Thanks anyway for the help attempt!

The G280CDI come from the 461 Worker/Professional/Greenline military series. It's the one with dual 12/24V alternators and 3 battery. Probably this model are not available in US.
Here in Europe I see that someone is selling some G280 previosuly own by the Canadian Armed Forces.

The well known Entdecker are built from a G 280 CDI Greenline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz