MyWay RTT: As mentioned in OverlandJournal

AML

Adventurer
Looks good. I am not crazy about that big old yellow logo on the side of the stowed tent. Other than that I like it.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
My Way RTT made by Jan Marais in Kuils Rivier, South Africa. I connect Jan up with Camping Lab and the tents were imported into the US for a short period of time. Jan's a good guy with a solid engineering background, full of new ideas. Just hard for a small operation to break into the big time.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like Wil at Sierra Expedition has the Serengeti model.

Hopefully someone is importing the Evolution.

wallrats

I have the 200cm family MyWay RTT. Very well made and light compared to other family tents.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 37

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like Louw from Camp Cover (MyWay ZA) has changed the evolution a little.

From an email correspondence.

1. The ventilation window in the roof of the tent is now “closable”. So no permanent opening as per previous design.

2. Change of fabric. Even though the previous fabric was fantastically light, it also meant that the tent was fantastically “light” (i.e moment the sun raises its head, you are up and at ‘em. ) This has alos meant an increase in price and colour colour change. That being said, it's a far superior fabric quality which is worth the increased cost.

3. The cover design have changed to allow for double sided strap down. Its size has also been increased slightly to make for an easier “pack up and go” routine.

4. All zips have bene upgraded to YKK no.10.

5. Mattress have been increased slightly in size. Foam is still 50mm high density, but the size have increased from 2000mm x 1300mm (on a 1.4m version) to 2050mm x 1320mm. If I'm not mistaken that ends up being 80.7 inch x 52iches)

Please take note that the Evo's mattress does not completely cover the base surface which “reduces” sleeping space, but also hugely reduced pack down time and pack down height.

6. Evo only comes in a touring version, no standard versions available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94