Leatherman wearable tool

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I thought this looks pretty cool:

Tread2_zps85aa58d6.jpg

http://www.leatherman.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-leatherman-Site/en_US/Blog-ShowPost/?p=705

GR8ADV

Explorer
Hey I like it. Sometimes I wonder why things take so long. Very cool.

My nits, I need a knife and pliers to be of value. Secondary nit, I don't like battery watches.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I have never liked multitool screwdrivers. They're okay in a pinch, but that thing looks more likely to pinch your skin than anything.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am so reaching out to them and trying to get my hands on one asap...at the hospital I feel naked in scrubs with no multi-tool. Same when I travel by air.
I want one for my son at high school where they freak about everything...and as an Eagle Scout he will love it also.
Can't wait for them to hit the shelves, with a watch of course.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Looks cool but I don't get it. Without a blade and pliers/cutters it's just a screw driver. Am I missing something.

91AzXJ

Adventurer
It has the hook cutting blade so I'm pretty sure it would not be considered TSA friendly or school friendly for that matter. I like it but wonder what the price will be.

XJINTX

Explorer
For in a pinch (no pun intended) I like it for back packing. I will pick one up when released. I've spent money on worse gadgets ;)

dddonkey

Adventurer
Thats cool, I don't know how useful it would be in every day life other than a fashion piece, but cool. Thanks for posting!

verdesardog

Explorer
That looks pretty cool to wear at a survivalist gathering or something, but in reality would probable spend most of it's time in a drawer in my camping trailer...

AFSOC

Explorer
That is a super cool novelty. Of course it won't replace a roll around tool chest full of Snap-On tools but it is an innovative piece of wearable. IMHO wearing one of these makes someone look several orders less putzy than wearing a 550 cord macrame bracelet. At minimum, quite a conversation piece.

762X39

Explorer
A very cool piece of kit. I wonder if I can use it as a band for my watch? (I hope it is available in stainless). I agree that it is way more cool than a 550 bracelet.As far as not liking multi tools, when I purchased my first Leatherman back in the day (a black anodized classic), fellow techs figured I was out of my mind paying $50 for a pair of "pliers". Of course they would ask to borrow it about 8 times a day. When the Fire Chief of a station we were building asked to see it he ended up buying a pair for every one in his unit. Now, everyone has one.:coffee:

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Its pretty neat. Looks to have screwdrivers, allen wrenches, nut drivers..... i like the concept. It would be fun to find uses for it.its liike a pandora bracelet for dudes and butch chics. I'm sure they'll make links that you can purchase separately to customize it to fit your needs? Maybe an expo or tread lightly link? Lol

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I like the promotional video. It shows a guy in a business meeting giving a presentation to simulate he is rugged is in real life. Black guys love big bling watches and are cool but now the white guys can get in on the action at the office. Look for the dorks that buy these and steer clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier