Gen3 Headlights?

clmrt

Adventurer
I'm finding it impossible to properly aim my headlights. They do not respond to the aiming adjusters. Besides that, they're hazy.

Any good sources for new headlights?

jhill15

Explorer
Im not sure about a good source thats cheap for new headlights but I have used the 3m headlight restore kit in other vehicles that ive owned and it worked great! It took about 2hours to do but well worth the money I saved trying to buy new ones. I think I paid $25 for the kit. I need to do my headlights as well but ive gotta wait until the weather get warmer.

Sorry, that wasnt much help to your first question.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Silly question, but are gen3 headlights plastic lenses? If so any headlight restoration kit will work, though results and redoing the process may become general maintenance if they aren't sealed after the fact.

jhill15

Explorer
Im pretty sure they are plastic. Good call on sealing them after. Most of the higher $$$ restore kits should come with sealer but thats something that I would make sure is in the kit when buying one.

nckwltn

Explorer
I used a sylvania kit on my 03 limited. It's basically a series of wet sands with increasingly fine sand paper. The magic is the final sealer wipe. It basically transforms the lights from "ehhhh. This is ok I guess" to "holy crap these things are brand new!!"

I pulled the lights out, it's quick and makes it easier to get the entire plastic area.

Sent from my iPhone

clmrt

Adventurer
$450 a side at the dealer.

Maybe I can shim the driver side up about 10 degrees. If I'm at a stoplight and can see the ground behind the car in front of me, my headlight is aiming below their bumper. It's driving me nuts.

Jo_Kami

I believe these might have something similar to a recall? Try calling your local mitsubishi dealership and ask about it, I was just told that recently after calling...

cnutco

Adventurer
The only after market units I have seen are from Australia. If we had some trusted freight forwarders over here I would like to try some. Otherwise, I just don't trust buying direct from another country.

I had my headlights refinished by a local guy that has his own sealing concoction. So far so good and for only $30 for the pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clmrt

Adventurer
I put in a request to an Aussie seller on Ebay, asking if they'd ship to the States. Cost would be about half the lowest domestic price I can find, including shipping. We shall see.

I'd suggest looking at EBAY UK auctions for MK3 Shogun / Pajero lights. You'll need to verify though if the headlights came from a LHD or RHD vehicle. There are many imports from continental Europe to the UK which are LHD thus match the correct light output pattern needed here in the US. The RHD lights if kept with normal halogen bulbs (rather than retrofiting to HID) will not be good for US roads.

I purchased a set of lights with power height adjustment motors from the UK and then retrofitted over to HID projectors. Shipping is cheaper than from Australia which is only RHD. Tremendous improvement! The Leveling function is nice when towing or having a heavy load in the back as to not blind passing traffic.

cnutco

Adventurer
I'd suggest looking at EBAY UK auctions for MK3 Shogun / Pajero lights. You'll need to verify though if the headlights came from a LHD or RHD vehicle. There are many imports from continental Europe to the UK which are LHD thus match the correct light output pattern needed here in the US. The RHD lights if kept with normal halogen bulbs (rather than retrofiting to HID) will not be good for US roads.

I purchased a set of lights with power height adjustment motors from the UK and then retrofitted over to HID projectors. Shipping is cheaper than from Australia which is only RHD. Tremendous improvement! The Leveling function is nice when towing or having a heavy load in the back as to not blind passing traffic.

Great to know! Thanks for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles