4WheelResto

resto

Pacific Northwest
Interior Pics

Sorry for not replying sooner! I have been working all weekend and was not able to post. Thanks for all your wonderful comments. As for the interior, I took some pictures yesterday that I will post. Be aware that you might be disappointed as it is only a "shell". It is only a shell because of the small 4 cylinder engine of my truck — weight is my enemy! I am taking extreme measures to keep my weight down (I have gone so far as putting my dog on a diet). Also, the sheer size of an import sized FWC camper like the Eagle or Ranger II means interior space is at a premium. The more cabinets, the more cramped.
.​
resize5.jpg
.​
There were two steps to my interior. I will show you step one; creating a "shell". Step two is furnishing a "shell" with small light weight amenities. I will be finished this in the next couple of weeks.
.​
Here are the pics of my shell.
.​

resize7.jpgresize6.jpgresize4.jpg
.​

Last edited:

longhorn1

Observer
Very nice job. Did ATC or FWC replace the soft sides? It will be great to see the rest of the build. Keep the pictures coming.

resto

Pacific Northwest
Very nice job. Did ATC or FWC replace the soft sides? It will be great to see the rest of the build. Keep the pictures coming.
It worked out that I had spread my supply purchases between both companies. The sideliners came from ATC.
.​
I may be doing another camper for a friend soon. I will use FWC sideliners then—for no other reason then to see 1st hand how they differ from ATC, and how this plays out over time. I think I can predict what the advantages and disadvantages are, based on what I have read, I expect my experience with both would verify that.
.​
My prediction is: in some situations ATC will work out better, others FWC. Each situation will dictate. If I were building a camper, and cost and availability did not matter, then quality would be the determining factor, even if the difference was relatively small. However if I were putting a sideliner in a old camper I bought for $1000 dollars and was on a tight budget I would not be spending a dollar more than I had to.
.​
***We are fortunate to have more options, because both ATC and FWC exist***
.​
There were one or two things I purchased that I considered to be inferior, or had known problems. I did this to see: if the problems were so bad I would not use them even for campers on a budget (I don`t think this will be the case), and to see if things could be done to negate the known problem, for example, it could be if the campers were stored inside after use, the known problem would not be an issue.
.​
Hope that makes sense

Last edited:

resto

Pacific Northwest

Oh, and, my friend and I did the work of replacing the sideliner ourselves, with excellent, over the phone instructions, from ATC.
.​
It would have being a 14hr drive, one way, to ATC or FWC from my home—not an option.

Last edited:

resto

Pacific Northwest
Nice job. Wander the West is a great site for Four Wheel Camper owners. A great group of people and a wealth of information. Check it out.

WTW is a great site with lots of helpful people. I had gleaned a great deal of information from that site during my build. I have been feeling guilty and consequently will be starting a thread there with some pictures.
.​

Last edited:

resto

Pacific Northwest
Nice work! Did you replace the siding or fix and paint it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer: I replaced the siding.

.​

Long answer: For my particular build, new siding looks best. Whereas if I was building a camper for my friends black truck (see picture below) painting it would work better.
resize5.jpg
.​
Different campers often require different designs. For my camper, a radiused rear-door looks best (as FWC uses). If I were designing a camper for the black truck, a square door (as ATC uses) would look better, because I would build it a Rat-Rod style, to better match the truck.
.​

Last edited:

resto

Pacific Northwest
What is the track that runs across the ceiling? I haven't seen anything like that.

Yes, it is L-Track. It is made of aluminium, so not too heavy. I used it (instead of wood) like most campers have. To push against when lifting the room, I used the L-Track instead of wood to get a little more of an 'industrial' look. It also has useful, practical applications. See video below.
.​

.​

This is an excellent video for people looking for ways of attaching things.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94