Stove set. Trangia or?

I try to pack light.

Currently running a esbit alcohol stove with their small .9 liter pot. Works great but its small and the rack is not big enough for a frying pan.

I'm thinking of moving up to a trangia 27. Or an esbit similar setup.

Any suggestions or things I should consider?

6fe86a865f7dfed1b81d0713bfde0fae.jpg

wjgc

I have the Trangia 25-8 and an optimus nova with adapter for the tangiia. I love them!! I haven't used any of my coleman stoves since I got these a few months ago. To be honest had I known how well the alcohol burner would work with the trangia system I wouldn't have even bought the adapter for the nova.

Last edited:
The Coleman aluminum coffee perculator fits the trangia 27 perfect. And doubles as a kettle or pot. I made spaghetti in it last time out.

libarata

Expedition Leader
So you like the trangia? I have been debating about a small cook system. I was set on a coleman propane unit, but seeing yours in use has me rethinking.

psykokid

Explorer
I have the same setup and a it's a great little stove. The trangia stoves come with an alcohol burner out of the box but you can get a multi fuel (white gas/kerosene/diesel) burner but it's expensive. In the $150 ish range iirc. I've got an MSR whisperlite international for white gas so I've got that covered. They also have a compressed gas burner that uses the Primus/MSR/Snowpeak style canisters which is a little more affordable, in the $50 ish range. That will be the next thing I add as it will make my MSR Superfly redundant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior