Camp Doritos Loco Taco

ico135

Just saw really cool camp meal idea on tv, especially if you have kids:

Cook taco meat like normal - Give each person a small bag of Doritos and they crush them up - open one side of bag and add desired taco toppings on top of crushed Doritos's- and eat right out of Doritos bag.

Super easy and seems like something most kids and adults would enjoy.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
That's Frito Pie, but with Doritos. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_pie

"There are many variations. Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but itinerant versions prepare it in a single serve fritos type corn chip bag with various ingredients as toppings. Variations on the dish made in a corn chip bag include pepper bellies, walking tacos, Frito boats, Texas Straw Hat and tacos in a bag. In Mexico, a similar type of dish is tostilocos."

Frito_pie
Frito_Pie.jpg

ico135

I always thought frito pie was with chili. This is more of a taco salad with Doritos substituting taco shell. But now i'm craving a Frito pie to!!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Yea, Frito Pie in a dish baked with chili. I first had that in Texas.

In SoCal it's more Mexican style...more like the "walking taco", though around here they're called tostilocos, same as Mexico. Usually whatever meat you want - carne asada, carnitas, pollo, lengua, camarones, dumped in the bag with fixin's on top and a bunch of salsa. And of course you also gotta get the Jarritos fruit soda to wash it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarritos

jarritos5.jpg

But yea...now I'm confused. Dunno if I've got a craving for Mexican style, or Texas style.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Call them Walking Tacos around these parts and are staples at student baseball and football games as well as fairs n what-not. Good stuffs!

libarata

Expedition Leader
Call them Walking Tacos around these parts and are staples at student baseball and football games as well as fairs n what-not. Good stuffs!

Ditto. This can be done with any chip thinger, really. Do not forget, your fritos are also tactical fire starters as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94