Old Man Emu springs for '03 F-250

Advmoto18

Observer
I just installed new 2.25" Old Man Emu (OME) DAKAR leaf springs F/R on my 2003 F-250 4WD CC.

I also installed the OME Panhard rod. I kept the Bilsteins in the front since they are good for 2.5" of lift. I had to replace the rear Bilsteins with new B's good for 4" of lift. I also installed the XL spring leaf in the rear to carry the load of the FWC Camper I will be taking delivery of in April. While the XL spring does jack the rear up in the air whilst unladen, I expect the truck will ride level once the Hawk is installed.

Ride: I was greatly surprised and impressed with ride quality. These springs offer a very compliant ride compared to Ford or any aftermarket leaf spring I've tried, demo'd or experienced.

I currently have 295/75-16 General Grabber tires on 16x10 wheels with 24mm offset. I will be going to a 17x8.5 wheel with 4.5 backspacing and Toyo 285/75-17 Open Country A/T II tires. Hopefully, this wheel/tire setup will get my tires completely back inside the fender wells so I don't sling mud and gravel all over the camper.

weberjeff

I was wondering about these springs. Good to see someone actually put them on. As the time goes bye I would like to see what you think after a few more miles.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Yes any pictures and how much lift did you achieve. I'm in need of new front springs for my f250 and only want a 2" spring. I already clear 35 easy and 37s if I want. I have a 3" hanger kit.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I have had the Old Man Emu kit on my 2001 7.3 for sometime now. The improvement was amazing. My FWC Hawk is the shell model and it barely lowers my bed. If you didn't take a tape measure to it, you wouldn't notice it.

For the questions about lift height/Approach/Departure angles, all of those measurements are in my build thread or the link to the article on my lift that was published in Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off Road.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...t-Waltzing-Matilda?highlight=waltzing+matilda

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Hey... Any updates on how the springs are handling the weight? I want to reduce the reliance on my air-bags and its either these 2" lift springs or some higher rate factory springs and retain the larger block I have in it now.

Thanks for the help.

Don

-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94