2009-Present F-150 Accessory Fuse Box Location

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Hey Everyone,

SHORT VERSION:
I'm looking to add a 12 circuit, blue sea system accessory fuse block to my 2011 F-150 Supercrew to add some much-needed upgrades. I'm having trouble deciding where the best\easiest place to mount this accessory fuse block would be. has anyone out there installed one and, if so, where did you stick it?

LONG VERSION:
The first accessories are going to be recessed backup lights, a 54" LED light bar on the roof mounted with Rough country roof mounts, and a constant line to the topper to provide constant power to the strip LEDs back there. Ultimately I plan to also add OBA and possibly lockers (If the need really arises). I'm planning on running a wire loom from the fuse block into the driver side firewall, to a switch panel underneath my aftermarket stereo. The switches and panel will all come from OTRATTW, and I'm going to wire it up for six switches NOW (even though I won't need all of them right away) so I have room for expansion. this way, as I see it, the wires will already be run and adding additional accessories *SHOULD* be a breeze. It seems to me the driver side firewall is a little more accessible and a little more amenable to drilling holes for wire looms. Then I can just tuck the wires up under the dash and to my stereo plate NBD. Final product, if done carefully should be really clean and OEM looking.

It seems more economical to run 8GA from the passenger-side battery to a driver-side fuseblock, but I'm not sure if the fuseblock will clear the hood or exactly how I would mount it. I've also got a relay for the light bar to think about. Alternatively, I could run a passenger-side fuseblock (originally my plan) and run teh loom along the top of the engine bay (well above the engine) to wherever I decide to drop in the wires through the firewall.

Sorry for the rambling. Any suggestion?

155mm

Adventurer
I'd say mount your fuse/relay box under the hood on the passenger side, between the battery and firewall. That's the "emptiest" part of the hood, and lets you keep everything close to the battery.

Also, rather than try to run your switch wires around the engine, it might be easier to enter the cab in the passenger side, then you only have to go halfway under the dash to get to the stereo area.

Bravo1782

Adventurer
After some further looking, I think you're right. I've got some solid ideas on how I'm going to go about doing this, and I'm going to start putting things together starting probably tomorrow. I'll post pictures once it's done!

akmedic77

I had mine mounted just above the driver's side firewall before I was brave enough to do it on my own. I'm thinking of moving it inside the cab now...

IMG_2254.jpg
I was cleaning up the wiring, so it still looks a little sloppy. As soon as I'm home from work, it's getting reworked.

IMG_2261.jpg
I used a piece of 1" Flexible/Liquid Conduit to run all my wires down the the grommet in the driver's side footwell.

IMG_2262.jpg
Footwell Detail

IMG_2286.jpg
All lit up.

Getting the 12 circuit leaves room for expansion. I also have a 100 Amp circuit breaker on the other side that completely disconnects all of the aftermarket stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94