Rental Camper Van Adventure

ihatemybike

Explorer
March 6th-8th, one of my wife's G+ photography groups is having a get together in Vegas. Due to time restraints this will be a fly out and back trip. Originally we were planning on booking a Hostel/Hotel/AirBNB and using public transportation, then we added a rental car to the plan. It's a NASCAR weekend, raising prices for most everything.

On a whim I looked for RV rentals in the area and Escape Camper Vans came up, a company I've known about due to their use of Astro vans. Played with their reservation system a bit and ended up booking one of their Malibu series vans (Chevy! Chevy! Astro! Astro!) for $59 a day with 100 free miles a day. Score!

In addition to Vegas, we'll also spend time in Red Rock Canyon and overnight in Valley of Fire.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Make sure you read the fine print regarding using the van off-pavement. Most rental companies are very strict about this. Additionally, most insurance companies void any rental coverage if it is discovered that damage/loss occurred operating off pavement.

Other than that, Awesome!

SG

ihatemybike

Explorer
Worst roads the van might see are solid surface, wide clearance, two tracks. None of their vans are AWDs and I don't want to spend anytime on this vacation playing spotter or stuck. Aint nobody got time for that.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Aaron, please get as many photos as you can manage. The only photos I've ever seen of their camper layout is the 4-5 the publish online. Nobody has ever posted any others!

Oh, and ENJOY YOUR TRIP!! :D

hitek79

Explorer
I passed one of their full sized vans in Death Valley a couple of days ago. I didn't get to see what was going on inside though. I'm spending the winter in Vegas, and everything in the Red Rocks and Valley of Fire area is easily passable in a passenger car. The photo opportunities in VOF are really really good, your wife will enjoy it!

ihatemybike

Explorer
Lots of photo will be taken of the van. I'm going to attempt a decent review on it and the whole experience. I seen a couple posts where others in the photo group are wanting to do mini-shoots with the van.

VOF is wonderful. We passed through it a couple years back on our way out to Santa Monica for our Route 66 road trip. Really looking forward to waking up there and my wife is pretty excited about getting some great shots.

ober27

Adventurer
I hate my bike,
I'd love to hear about your experience with the van, and also what the company is like do deal.with. my wife have talked about flying to Vegas to take advantage of occasional inexpensive airfares. We have no interest in Vegas itself, but would love to explore the area. Sounds like this may be the way to go.
I hope you enjoy your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier