Anyone running the new Nitto Exo Grappler

Halligan

Adventurer
I see Nitto has a new tire called the Exo Grappler. It has the mountain snowflake rating and is pinned for stud's. Looks as though it's aimed at the Goodyearr Duratrac. I love the Toyo AT 2's I have and would buy them again but if the Exo Grappler is going to be better in the snow I will consider the switch.

Anyone running this tire?

soonenough

Explorer
I had seen something online about them, but just now went to their site to check them out. They looked like a good in-between A/T and M/T tire (like the DuraTrac as you mentioned). Unfortunately they don't offer them in 16" sizes, just like Toyo and the Open Country R/T. Which isn't surprising since Nitto is a subsidiary of Toyo; they're obviously targeting the larger-volume markets with their size choices (Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc). I guess 16" is the new 15" (i.e. slowly going to start fading away)?

binrat

Observer
The price is a lot more than Duratrac's. Think I will be buying Duratrac's unless the price drops soon.

Halligan

Adventurer
The price is a lot more than Duratrac's. Think I will be buying Duratrac's unless the price drops soon.

Unfortunately, I tried the Duratracs already and the sidewall was too weak making my truck feel weird while lane changing on the highway. I've read similar reviews of this tire so I'll pass on the Duratrac.

Thanks for the input guy's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier