What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
A bunch of misc

1. Continued to chase a stubborn minor rough idle. Used the propane trick to search for vacuum leak with no success.
2. Fitted a Thule Weekender cargo box to roof rack.
3. Replaced rusty screws on drivers and passenger plastic door thresholds.
4. Vacuumed the whole truck out.
5. Thought about the damn minor rough idle some more.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Tried to figure out how to fix a P0705 code "Transmission Range Sensor " or shifter cable adjustment. Read a bunch online about cleaning or replacing that sensor as well as adjusting the shifter cable take up.
Then I found a posting by someone that had the same problem did those items and then discovered it was a burned fuse. Thought it couldn't be that simple, could it? Had the CEL and SRS lights on, and as soon as I cleared with the ultragauge it came back.
Sure enough, fuse under dash popped. Been driving a few times since no issues.

Now I just need to dig into the vibrating driver side mirror, that is driving me crazy.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Completed a ATF exchange with a fresh filter installation today.

Here are a few other items I've checked off my list in the past couple of months preparing for a full summer of wheeling:

tie-rod ends
upper/lower ball joints
front struts
oil cooler lines
serpentine (drive) belt
upper/lower radiator hoses
engine oil/filter
coolant flush
valve cover gaskets
ERG valve
five tire rotation
replace both manifolds (one was cracked- decided to replace both)

The rig drives like it's new again after refreshing much of the front end.

kbahus

Adventurer
Noticed the air conditioning was not keeping up with the current heat. Quickly determined the aux fan was not working and found it to be completely seized. Got a Depo from Amazon Prime and now I am back in business.

Also recently did a trans fluid drain and fill with Eneos SP that is purely an SPIII fluid and now my transmission is shifting like a dream.

bamaexplorer

Observer
After an altercation with the low pressure port Schrader valve.
I replaced both low and high side A/C ports valve cores. Put a new A/C belt on (while I was at it) and fully charged the system.
A/C is blowing nice and cold now.

KyleT

Explorer
I am going to do the trans fluid flush today. I did put this on though:
482d21c628a967ef6610f10fa3dac193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m3at333hp

Adventurer
Now I just need to dig into the vibrating driver side mirror, that is driving me crazy.

I can help you out there--one of the plastic latches that goes into the notch for the housing is broken. I believe there are a total of 3 latches. It drove me nuts, too. I took it apart and realized I didn't want to spend the $$ to replace the mirror. Could probably find one at a junkyard.

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
Reverted back to my ricer years and painted my "chrome" headlight housing and grill surround black. Polished the lights as well using the leftovers from one of those kits, but it didn't turn out as expected. Might do it again soon.
Before:

After:

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Put in an after market tach, mine has never worked. I found a used original on ebay but I didnt see a guarantee of it working. All the ones I have pulled from yards were crap too. 15 dollar tach from amazon and I can now see what my RPMs are struggling up a hill at 30 mph in second gear.

Sorry for the portrait video, I uploaded from instagram.

bikerjosh

Explorer
did some scouting a P&P Stockton

Found a 99' winter package that just arrived 5 days ago. Scored a turn signal stalk w/washer button, spare door lock solenoid, and arm rest top of center console. I discovered that the guts of the mirror on 99s are different from 98 and before. Bummer, still need to find a new motor since one of the clips on mine is broken causing it to vibrate.
Forgot how much fun dumpster...errr :coffeedrink:junk yard diving is.

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
Changed my motor and transmission oil over the weekend. Motor got 5w30 and I was getting a little knock/slapping sound after a run up some hills. Might try 5w40 next go around.

Changing the transmission fluid and filter took way longer than I thought, but I'm glad I did it. At 146k, I don't think it had ever been done. The fluid that came out was very black and seemed to have varying viscosity. The filter looked pretty nasty as well. Overall, it seems to drive the same, but manual shifts feel smoother when going up hill under load. Also replaced a broken wheel stud on one of my rear hubs. Now that all the maintenance is caught up, time to mod!

JBThompson

Adventurer
I replaced my alternator. Again. The battery cable appeared to have worked itself loose and had apparently been arcing quite a bit. The plastic on the back of the alternator was all melted and the cable end was shot. I crimped and soldered a new terminal, should be good to go now.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Well I pitched in a little wrench time with mk45. I went to his place to help him out with his newly acquired Gen II.5. We were attempting to get the cylinder heads off. We were super close to wrapping that up. We just couldn't get enough torque on the passenger exhaust Manifold flange bolts. You know the two that I'm talking about right? From the manifold to the pipe. They were on so hard I think I may have permanently bent the wobble. LOL. I think it was 5 hours worth of work.

After I got home and had a meal and a little break to rest, I went into my garage and put in an additional three hours of work in on my "Other" Raider. I managed to install new head gaskets, cylinder heads, exhaust and intake manifolds, timing belt, timing covers accessory brackets.

That was last night pretty late. I wrapped up at about 11:00pm. Then showered and went to bed. Earlier today, I went to grab some "fire-up" goodies. I have new oil, coolant, filters and spark plug cables. I should wrap this job up in about a couple more hours. But damn it's hot outside right now. I'll wait until it starts cooling down after dinner time tonight. I'm so glad I took the time to install these oscillating ceiling fans a couple years ago. It makes tolerating the weather so much easier.

30d2d45d8877916bd0e51af70553cb32.jpg

06ffa260b286cf857de20889212f7dbd.jpg

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

Last edited:

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I spent a few more hours in the garage tonight working on my "Other" Raider. I got all the accessory belts put back on. I mounted the AC onto the bracket. Radiator, fan & shrouds have been reinstalled. All the cooling hoses are back on. Next up is the intake plenum and new spark plug cable set. I'm so close to wrapping this up I can almost taste it.

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier