What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Atrais

Adventurer
^ Nice truck, I'm on KO2's too. Got mine aligned today: waaaaaaaay better now. Truck feels completely different now (in a good way). Also put in my headlight stalk with the headlight washer button and it works...just doesn't cancel the turn signals automatically. Gonna go back in tomorrow and see if I missed something when I installed it....

TheMole

Adventurer
^ Nice truck, I'm on KO2's too. Got mine aligned today: waaaaaaaay better now. Truck feels completely different now (in a good way). Also put in my headlight stalk with the headlight washer button and it works...just doesn't cancel the turn signals automatically. Gonna go back in tomorrow and see if I missed something when I installed it....

That's good to hear. I replaced same things as you except for the upper balljoints, but I'm still getting bumpsteer for some reason.

Atrais

Adventurer
That's good to hear. I replaced same things as you except for the upper balljoints, but I'm still getting bumpsteer for some reason.

Have you gotten the front end aligned? You may be having some odd toe movement on compression/rebound. I know mine was wandering pretty bad as I was toe out in neutral compression despite trying my best to keep the inner/outer tie rod ends in their previous positions.

TheMole

Adventurer
Have you gotten the front end aligned? You may be having some odd toe movement on compression/rebound. I know mine was wandering pretty bad as I was toe out in neutral compression despite trying my best to keep the inner/outer tie rod ends in their previous positions.

Yea had it aligned, but seemed to have come back after a week. I regreased the idler arm and it is slightly better, but not much. Started a thread here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/147831-Unstable-Steering-Over-Bumps

earljuic3

Adventurer
Had all new O2 sensors, y pipe cats, cold cat, 40 series flowmaster, and new tale pipe/tip added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magoh76

Adventurer
It's been a couple days, but Friday I flushed the cooling system, replaced radiator cap, replaced the street tires with some 31x10.50 Wrangler Authorities I had on another vehicle (temporary solution until I find 33s) and plasti-dipped the hood.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Checked my scrub radius
1113151122.jpg

Atrais

Adventurer
Wired in my new Osram bulbs and setup my relay bank. Also started on my dual battery setup.

Then I parked it while I wait for my alternator to get here. *sigh*

20151115_161312_zpseta6plgn.jpg

IMG_20151115_161203_zpsg3ngcpjd.jpg

Last edited:

BEG

Adventurer
Wired in my new Osram bulbs and setup my relay bank. Also started on my dual battery setup.

Then I parked it while I wait for my alternator to get here. *sigh*
Looks just like my '98 (minus the red JAOS mudflaps)! Any details on the dual battery setup? Mainly, location? I've been contemplating moving the main battery out of the engine compartment and possibly into the factory amp well (looks pretty big from below, but I haven't moved the seat to check) and putting a second nearby. I'd love to see what you're planning.

DSouth

Observer
Replaced a racked driver-side exhaust header. Bit of a pain, but no broken bolts is a major success anytime I work on an exhaust system. :) Love that Mitsu chose to use copper/bronze exhaust nuts too.
IMG_1104.jpg

Atrais

Adventurer
looks great!

@Atrais Nice job, looking forward to seeing your progress. :lurk:

Thanks! Looking forward to MAKING progress right now :/

Looks just like my '98 (minus the red JAOS mudflaps)! Any details on the dual battery setup? Mainly, location? I've been contemplating moving the main battery out of the engine compartment and possibly into the factory amp well (looks pretty big from below, but I haven't moved the seat to check) and putting a second nearby. I'd love to see what you're planning.

You and I are in the same boat, I'm still trying to decide where to put mine as well. Once I get the alternator sorted I plan on finishing it up. I swapped in the red top for the battery in the engine bay (was hoping my voltage ailments were just a dead/dying battery) and plan on running a smaller yellow top somewhere inside.

BOPOH

Explorer
Just curious, why would you run two car batteries? would it be beneficial for you to run a marine battery because it's designed for prolonged service rather than automotive which is designed for short bursts of energy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior