Baja Rack Exp Install

Johnnyenglish

Adventurer
This weekend I'm installing a Baja Rack Exp. Prior to this I was running a Garvin Track Rack in the rear, a Thule bar in the front as well as a Garvin Trail Rack over the spare. This is old setup.
IMG_1061.jpgIMG_2335.jpg
My every day load is surf boards, but the plan is to get a RTT so the Garvin Track Rack and Thule bar had to go. I spent a lot of time on this forum researching different rack options but landed on the Baja Rack for a few reasons:
1. I like the flat rear section of the rack for RTT and surfboards along with the basket in front for extra storage
2. From the videos online, installation appears pretty straightforward
3. They were able to deliver the rack in bare metal so I could have it powder coated to match my Anvil paint
4. They are local San Diego company and I was able to pick it up locally and save considerably on shipping
The powder coating was done by Bradford Coating in Chula Vista and upon initial inspection it appears they did a good job.
IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0901.jpg
First to get installed was the Garvin Trail Rack.
IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0900.jpg
I'm tackling the roof rack install tomorrow. Anyone have any tips?

Johnnyenglish

Adventurer
Update

Install was harder than I thought due to poor instructions, however, the fit a finish is great and the color match on the powder coat is perfect. Still need to install the wind deflector.
IMG_0928.jpgIMG_0926.JPGIMG_0930.jpgIMG_0932.JPG

Fritzoc

Observer
Just ordered my Baja Utility Rack. Delivers Thursday. Install over the weekend. Ordered stock powder coat which should look great with red body and black roof.
Great looking rack with the matching color. Glad to see other Jeeps with this rack. Thanks for the heads up on the directions. Any significant lessons learned?

Johnnyenglish

Adventurer
Fit the rear of the rack before the front. Also, on mine the padding between the attachment points was in a bag at the bottom of the box and they were no where on the parts list and not mentioned in the instructions. I found them when I was cleaning up and had to go back through and put them in. This may be because mine was bare metal. They may ship already applied on a powdercoated rack. Good luck. Set aside most of the morning to get it done. image.jpg

Johnnyenglish

Adventurer
Anyone know what options I have for RTT? any suggestions? I live in San Diego so extreme weather isn't a big concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior