Google Earth Pro is now free.

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for the link, Chris. Google Earth is one of the most powerful tools we have for planning. This is great news

moabian

Wow...thanks for the heads up. I had Pro quite a few years ago when it was considerably cheaper than $399/year...but not as cheap as free.

Mark K

Observer
I tried the trial of GE Pro a few months back. I could not tell the difference between the two.
To me there was absolutely no difference at all.

moabian

I tried the trial of GE Pro a few months back. I could not tell the difference between the two.
To me there was absolutely no difference at all.

That's like saying there is no difference between a Rubicon and a Sport. If you never use lockers or any other features specific to the Rubicon, then there is no difference other than the coolness of the sticker on the hood. Google Earth Pro has several features not available on the standard edition. If you don't use those features, you might as well buy a Sport.

doug720

Expedition Leader
The most important feature, at least to me - picture resolution, is exactly the same in both versions. There are government restrictions the maximum resolution a satellite image available to the public can be.

The Pro version is more tailored to business use, but there are a couple of file transfer features for routes and GPS files that make things like that easier.

I had the pro version for many years, when it was $20/year! $399 is a lot, and I bet just marketing so they only have to offer and support one version in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94