need opinion on Tires

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
On a scale of 1 to 10...10 being loudest...how loud are the KO2...louder than the KM?
The KO2 will be much quieter than the KMs. It's hard to assign a specific number on a noise scale to any given tire because as they wear, they'll get noisier unless you're strict about frequently rotating them. A mud-terrain tire will get noisier at a faster rate than an all-terrain tire, but if you leave an all-terrain tire unrotated, it can absolutely be noiser than a new or properly rotated mud-terrain tire. All factors being equal, if a KO2 when brand-new is rated as a 4 in terms of noise, then a KM would be a 6. A KM will reach noise level 7 faster than a KO2 will reach noise level 5, but an improperly rotated KO2 could certainly reach noise level 7.

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
I had KM2s on my last jeep it was a 88 YJ and it had no carpet in it or anything else to deaded sound so i could hear everything and i didnt think the KM2s were loud at all! I couldnt hardly hear them! I now have the KO2s on my Rubicon and honestly i would rate them on a 10 scale 0 being no noise at all to 10 being Loud airplane sounding 37 inch unblanced unalingned Mud Grapplers which my buddy has, i would say a 1 or a 2 just because at low speeds they have a noise to them its just something you can barely hear and have to be paying attention and listening closely to notice but no noise at highway speeds! And if yal are wondering how they clean out and work offroad they are awesome! And the grip they have in the rain is good too and i dont know if its me but you can just tell they grip to anything you drive them on!

look at Nitto Trail Grapplers MT, very Quite and a good off road tire. I went from BFG KM2's to the Nitto and it is much better

Not to mention about 10lbs lighter than Duratracs of BFGs, which are already lighter than most other MT tires. As far as quiet and personal experience goes, the Duratracs are a great option for a quiet ride, long treadlife and good performance on and off road, dry wet and snow! Great in snow!

JPsLC

Observer
If you go with BFG A/Ts, get ready to rotate your tires every 3,000 miles. While the tires did perform well off road, they were too much maintenance for a daily driver (50 miles per day of highway driving).

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
I dont know what happend to your BFGs but i surely dont have to rotate mine every 3000. In all the sets ive had and neither has my friends who run them.

rlynch356

Defyota
I dont know what happend to your BFGs but i surely dont have to rotate mine every 3000. In all the sets ive had and neither has my friends who run them.

had a set on my defender for 50k miles now - rotated every second oil change (~6-7k miles or so) they look great - Cupping tires is usually suspension issues (if you have a lift good candidate) or over inflation. Run at 32psi on the road. btw..

my 2 cents..

juicexj24

Observer
My vote is BFG AT's. I have run 3-4 sets over the last 12-14 years. This past tire change (May/June 2014) I went with the Cooper AT3. (once KO2's are out in 235/85r16) They will be gone. Good tire but they don't have the grip that the KO has nor the snow bite. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94