Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build engagement pics

A.J.M

Explorer
Have you got under body plating for the gearbox and fuel tank?

Would get some of that as well.

Then lockers. Front and rear. ( i like helping other's spend their cash :D )

MARKSMONTE

EXPLORER
Now thats a idea I had. Buy cheap new ones and then poly the old ones. I was hoping someone would start selling a full set like we can get for a series 2.
I meant the control arms.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
As long as u don't cut the old ones off u can use them. I think lucky 8 sells just the poly bushings.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I don't know how, but I talked the soon to be wife into using the LR in our engagement photos

hope yall enjoy

Attachments

• 4-13 copy.jpg
    4-13 copy.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 4-22 copy.jpg
    4-22 copy.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 170

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, sir, I am humbled by that. I was, however referring to the engagement photos! :)
But the truck is awesome as well!

:)

D

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Don't know if this counts as an update but....... I spent money on it so. Just got her back from the detail shop. They got all the pin striping out from the last trip. Also the grease fitting broke off the swingout tire carrier. Should be a simple fix.

Attachments

• DSC_0306.jpg
    DSC_0306.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0308.jpg
    DSC_0308.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 79

Jwestpro

Explorer
It's nice seeing yours come together!

I'm surprised you paid a shop to do detail work when it's clear you could handle it yourself. White is the easiest paint to deal with too!

I just spent ~20 hours detailing an Audi S4 wagon from every little nook and cranny inside and out: door jambs, rear hatch, interior vent slats, engine bay & under removable panels where crud collects over time below windscreen, the hidden slots between windows and exterior trim, brake calipers, wheels off clean and wax, Lexol leather cleaner then conditioner...EVERYthing! Then multi-stage compound then standard wax and refreshing all the rubber trim outside as well as the rubber door seals and rain-x windows. All by hand, no power oscillators. I'd never do that on my lr3 though ;)

Any photos from your Iron Range trip? I'm from the north shore...

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Now that the summer temps have hit i work close to 7 days a week, otherwise i would have done it myself. I dont have any good pics from Iron Range. We found the park in the middle of a snow storm. Since the park was empty and we had zero mods/recovery gear we stuck to the main roads and didnt hit any trails. This year will be a different story.

srschick

Adventurer
pfft... try hiding pinstripes on the Java Black paint. :eek:

2 passes with the PC DA with Meguiars 105 FINALLY got most of them out, except for one pretty deep scratch that I'll need to fill with the good'ol Dr. PaintChip.

And that must be the cleanest spare wheel I've ever seen!

Jwestpro

Explorer
pfft... try hiding pinstripes on the Java Black paint. :eek:

PFFT yourself if you didn't remove the exterior window edging trim and main door/body seals. What I did on the Audi was not mere mechanically aided paint buffing.

However, I also have a Java lr3 which has enough trail striping to not even bother trying to get it all out.

As part of a new LR3 project, today I removed all the plastic fender and lower door edge cladding (as well as separating the actual seals from the lower cladding) to clean out old dirt/crud in order to rebuild with snug seal at bottom of door edges against the recently refurbished Rover Specialties sliders.

srschick

Adventurer
yeah, I couldn't believe all the debris that had accumulated inside the panels when I looked inside while installing the snorkel.
Must have been about a gallon of leaves and muck from behind the front passenger tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz