Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build engagement pics

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build Air suspension swap review

2008 Lr3 SE bought third hand with about 80k on the clock.

Mods to do

Johnson rods
Arb bull bar
Smittybilt 9.5
Safari snorkel
Voyager contractor roof rack
Foxwing and awning
New lower control arms
get rock sliders made
build rear drawers and sleeping deck.
front and rear lockers....... one day
maybe new rear bumper with tire carrier

The plan for the vehicle is easy to moderate wheeling with camping. So far we have taken a few 4 day camping trips to the Appalachians and one trip to Iron Range in MN while visiting family.

So far
Johnson rods, snorkel, arb, and winch......Almost!
I have put arb bumpers and snorkels on many 4x4s.... this one has tested my patience

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
Concur wholeheartedly on the IID tool; mine was one of my first 'modifications' and is probably one of the most critical elements for self reliance with this platform.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I agree the I'd tool is a must.

Got the lift, snorkel , arb, and winch installed. Still waiting on rack to come in. the sliders will get made some time this week. I am having them made only because I have a friend with a welding shop who offered to give it a go.

That ARB snorkel and bumper were a beast to install. Only had to buy two new tools..... pop rivet tool and 5mm bit for hardened steel.

Even had to have the GF help!

Attachments

• DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 200

zelatore

Explorer
My '07 is built much the way you are doing yours. And I agree - that ARB bumper is a PITA! Mine required a grinder and welder to 'bolt on'.

On your slider build, take a look at the Tactical Rovers sliders for some ideas. They come all the way inboard to the frame rails and offer good protection.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Replaced the lower control arms today. i was lucky in that none of the bolts were frozen.
I replaced them with a set from here http://www.1aauto.com/2005-08-land-..._content=SFK&gclid=CLf0vpGjycMCFdgMgQodTiYAZw
And hardware from British Atlantic . Why did I go cheap? I want to test these out and document how long they last, if they fail, and how they fail. That way when someone post that they are said quality we will have data. Then I will go with the polly ones.

srschick

Adventurer
Replaced the lower control arms today. i was lucky in that none of the bolts were frozen.
I replaced them with a set from here http://www.1aauto.com/2005-08-land-..._content=SFK&gclid=CLf0vpGjycMCFdgMgQodTiYAZw
And hardware from British Atlantic . Why did I go cheap? I want to test these out and document how long they last, if they fail, and how they fail. That way when someone post that they are said quality we will have data. Then I will go with the polly ones.

I did the same, and I'm working on replacing the bushings on the original ones with poly bushings. When these replacements fail, I'll put the refurbished ones in.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Look what came in! Still waiting on the chicken coop flooring and need to decide what lights to mount. Thinking about for my next purchase getting a tactical rovers rear bumper any idea where I can order one?

Attachments

• 20150209_202714.jpg
    20150209_202714.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 134

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Just a quick update..... as of today I have on order
Traxide D3_AU
Yellow top
ARB HD compressor
Dual voltmeter for in cab monitoring
Various usb and 12v outlets for the rear/ along with voltmeter
Tactical rovers rear bumper with tire carrier
X2 hella 4000

I still haven't decided on what lights I will mount on the roof rack

Mods to come later in the year
rear drawers
Lockers
Rock rails ...... have got to get around to that one day
There is other stuff but I'm forgetting right now

Ray_G

Explorer
Just a quick update..... as of today I have on order
Traxide D3_AU
Yellow top
ARB HD compressor
Dual voltmeter for in cab monitoring
Various usb and 12v outlets for the rear/ along with voltmeter
Tactical rovers rear bumper with tire carrier
X2 hella 4000

I still haven't decided on what lights I will mount on the roof rack

Mods to come later in the year
rear drawers
Lockers
Rock rails ...... have got to get around to that one day
There is other stuff but I'm forgetting right now

This makes me feel better about how much I have on order right now...great looking build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online