Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build engagement pics

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
At this point I have no real need or reason for one. That being said, I am the type that has to have a project so who knows.

Side note, most of the important parts have started to arrive. Will start the install on the 1st.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
These will be connected to the AUX battery. Still waiting on the kit to come in from AUS.

Attachments

• 20150227_162320.jpg
    20150227_162320.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 20150227_161825.jpg
    20150227_161825.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150227_161815.jpg
    20150227_161815.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 126

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Talk about a long day. I invited several friends over who are all experienced mechanics and a buddy who is a electrical engineer. So for most of the time there were 3 builds going.
1. Electrical
2. Arb compressor
3. Voyager roof rack with flooring and awning.

sadly my Triax dual battery system hasn't arrived yet so once we finished the second bat was removed.
For electrical I plan on running all accessories off the second battery. To make things easy I installed a fuse box behind the cover below the dash. From there several wires were pulled through the firewall in upper plug. I placed my switches in the over head console and I'm not 100% with how that turned out. I have a spare and my redo it. I did mark two spots for lockers

for the arb compressor I decided to mount it in front of the battery tray on the driver side. To do this we had to fab up a bracket that would allow the compressor mount on the curve of the wheel arch. All went well until a drill bit broke and went into a buddies thumb thankfully he wasn't really hurt. Add in the fact that almost everyone there has seen combat (thus we all foolishly think that no injury is serious) ......plus it became beer thirty,and he was good to keep working

Things left for another day include, dual bat kit, power rear acc plugs, bat meters run wires to roof rack lights

Attachments

• DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0100.jpg
    DSC_0100.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 107

srschick

Adventurer
I'm still trying to find a place for my switches. overhead console won't work for me, have other buttons in the way.
Thinking of in between seats, above the TR selector/in front of the fridge.
And still waiting for all my main stuff to come in (mostly Baja Rack & TR sliders)

I think other than the ARB front bumper and lockers, we're doing pretty much the same build up.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I agree, switch locations are hard to come by. I think the overhead could have come out better but it was done after beer thirty so free hand got a little shaky. Our builds are pretty close. Im waiting on my TR rear bumper to come in and may complete the rear sleeping platform before a trip in April. Once the summer heat hits progress will grind to a halt.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Nice LR3 - I really like white. I was looking for something similar but ended up with a TDV8 Range Rover. :)

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Got home early and installed the traixde (just winging the spelling) kit and sighted in the Hella 4000s

DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0126.jpg headlights with fogs and Hellas
DSC_0125.jpg regular headlights with 55w led fogs

SailRover

Fantastic job! Really coming along. Extremely jealous on my end.
What tires/size are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I have the 275/65r18 dura trac and I love them. They aren't loud on the highway and do well in the mud. I have heard complaints about them popping the bead but haven't seen that personally . The local SAR uses them on their trucks and likes them also.

jerdog53

Explorer
I have a couple of questions oddly enough. :Wow1:

I have the desire to do what exactly you have done and want to know which ARB Compressor you are installing? I was wanting the CKMTA12 located in the spot you are doing but without one in hand the measurements gleaned for the net indicated the size was too big for that spot.

Where exactly are you putting the fuse box? "behind the cover below the dash" is where exactly?

I already have the Trax 160 and Yellow top installed along with a 1600 watt inverter so I'm good in that respect.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I have a couple of questions oddly enough. :Wow1:

I have the desire to do what exactly you have done and want to know which ARB Compressor you are installing? I was wanting the CKMTA12 located in the spot you are doing but without one in hand the measurements gleaned for the net indicated the size was too big for that spot.

Where exactly are you putting the fuse box? "behind the cover below the dash" is where exactly?

I already have the Trax 160 and Yellow top installed along with a 1600 watt inverter so I'm good in that respect.

Yeah that compressor is going to be way too large. I mounted the CKMA12. It comes with a small mounting plate but it wouldn't work due to the slope of the inner fender. So using the stock mounting plate I made one identical in width and thickness. The only change I made was that it was 8 inches in length instead of the 4 inches. On the fender side I drilled two holes and bolted the plate to the fender ( the level straight part). On the motor side I bent two L brackets into more of a C shape and mounted them to the slop of the fender and then to the plate. The majority of the weight is over the straight portion of the fender With the C mounts as supplements. I have a shake down run planned to see how it holds up.
As for the fuse box, if you are sitting in the drivers seat. Pull down on the cover by your knees. it will pop loose and swing down. i mounted the fuse box to there for easy access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles