The Original EarthRoamer. New ER2K Owner With Some Show and Tell

cwsqbm

Explorer
The ER2K is the size truck I want. It reminds me of a super-sized "Super Camper". The closest production model is a XP camper, but I want a permanent hard top for winter camping.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
No way I'm going to get rid of it Frank. No need to reinvent the wheel, it's there and works well. I also don't plan on changing anything except maybe adding a muffler. Until I researched last week for the post I didn't know there was a muffler. I won't change the plumbing either. Although I don't need the engine preheat option, I do love the fact that the engine heats my water for me. I'll keep the extra 30 feet of water line if it means hot water every time I stop. Overall I really like how the system works. I just doubt I'd spend that kind of money if I had to do it over again. The real beauty of this ER2K is that the basic platform is very strong. Bill did an excellent job and spared no expense. I'm so lucky to get a fixer upper of this caliber.
tom.

Hi Tom,
Very glad you will keep it !
Good that you will add the muffler. That will likely change your perspective a bit, too :)
The engine preheat might be nice for any winter camping where there's no place to plug in the block heater...
Yes, that is a neat feature to have hot water ready, right when stopped.
Indeed, it is pricey to make one of those systems, so you're fortunate to have that :)
Agreed, quite lucky indeed.
Thanks again for sharing ! ! !

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Demo and build of the left side.

IMG_3978.JPG

Last edited:

catmandu

Observer
I was glad that Tom picked up this vehicle. Not only did he revive the tired systems and re-work the interior he really uses it as intended. There is a boat manufacturer in Northern Michigan that uses nidacore. Stealth craft boats. I have thought about approaching him to build a shell just like ER2K. It really is a great size. The other reason I am glad he picked this vehicle up is I used to lay awake at night with the thought that I should buy it, If I bought it the thing would just be sitting in my driveway waiting to get the love it needed.

bahndo

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
Hey Tom! Looking good, have you changed anything since I saw it/you this summer in HR?
-Ryan

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Hey Tom! Looking good, have you changed anything since I saw it/you this summer in HR?
-Ryan
A few minor changes/upgrades that I'll fill you in on. For now I'm just using and testing everything. I should be up in your neck of the woods in May and I'll stop in. Curious to see how your camper project is coming.

reldred

Observer
Beautiful, that's about the size/scale camper I want to build on my rig down the track, just a little longer to clear the extra rear axle. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Excited to see ER2K get back on the road.

A few minor changes/upgrades that I'll fill you in on. For now I'm just using and testing everything. I should be up in your neck of the woods in May and I'll stop in. Curious to see how your camper project is coming.

Let us know when you'll be up this way Tom, and if you'd like to meet up. mhiscox and I would enjoy meeting you guys and checking out vehicles.
-Jeremy

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Excited to see ER2K get back on the road.

Let us know when you'll be up this way Tom, and if you'd like to meet up. mhiscox and I would enjoy meeting you guys and checking out vehicles.
-Jeremy
Sounds Good Jeremy. I look forward to it. I should be there by mid May.
Tom.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Great writeup, Tom, and excellent perseverance at making the toilet fit. It's really nice to have someone talented bringing this iconic rig back to top condition.

catmandu

Observer
Thanks for the write-up on the composting toilet as I wondered how it was working. I have been debating on what to do with my re-build and I am going with a cassette toilet. I believe it will fit with my intended uses well and allows me to eliminate the traditional black-tank system. I will downsize the grey tank which should help eliminate how far the exposed drain connections hang down below the rear frame. I will put some form of storage box where the old black tank was to fully utilize that space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94