The Original EarthRoamer. New ER2K Owner With Some Show and Tell

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Electronics including solar, inverter, ac/dc, switching, shore power, sound.
IMG_3983.JPG

Last edited:

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Are those panels screwed to the roof? Or attached some other way?

The rear ones are screwed down. The forward one has a sticky back. I recently installed panels on two different vehicles using the high quality 3m sticky tape. With good prep I think it's the way to go.
Tom.

Darwin

Explorer
The rear ones are screwed down. The forward one has a sticky back. I recently installed panels on two different vehicles using the high quality 3m sticky tape. With good prep I think it's the way to go.
Tom.
Thanks Tom, looks like they are holding up, I am trying to avoid drilling into my roof, I looked into the 3m stuff, but don't think it will work on my rubber roof, still researching, but will probably have to drill.

Darwin

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Both solar instillations I did were to smooth surface fiberglass. Yep, I'd worry about sticking to a rubber or rough roof.
tom

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Thanks Mike. By the way, I sent a message to Jeremy about you guys coming over here for a visit. As you guys suggested it would be nice to compare vehicles. And trade stories for a few hours. PM me if you still want to get together.
tom.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Message recv'd Tom. Mike's Jeep is back east for a renovation. I'll talk to Mike regardless. Thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles