Isuzu NPS 300 camper build

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Yes, definitely trying to get as much done as I can over Easter, seeing as I can't go camping yet!
today I fitted the trims for the rear access door seals, Sika 252 and riveted, as well as fitting the brackets for the rear actuators, drilling the 60mm holes through the horizontal part of the pop-top support, started putting angle supports in for bed box top.
DSC03170.JPG
DSC03171.JPG

4x4coaster

Adventurer
OK, it's been a while, so here are some recent pics.
DSC03183.JPG.DSC03184.JPG
.DSC03185.JPG.DSC03186.JPG

The pipe work for the diesel heating room heater is some left over from my coaster bus, it runs behind the toilet cassette then down through the floor and then connects to normal flexible heater hose and then back to solid pipe at the other end to go through the floor and into the compartment with the heat exchanger and diesel burner.
DSC03187.JPG.DSC03188.JPG
I have started assembling the drawers, there are 17 so far and there will probably be 2 more. The sides are folded 1.6mm aluminium, the rear is alucabond and the base is half inch form ply.
The fronts will also be the ply and then the dress faces will attach to finish them off.
DSC03181.JPG.DSC03182.JPG
IMG_0879.jpg

Last edited:

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Nice and looking very clean.
What material are you using for cabinet walls and shower walls?

The shower walls and the dividers between cupboards & bed are composite panel, same as the exterior box, cupboard carcasses are a mixture of Nema board and lightweight ply which have been painted white with gloss water based enamels. 3 coats and sanded between coats, not that much of it will be seen when its all finished.

4x4coaster

Adventurer
I have finished the installation of the Diesel water/room heater. There is so much to do to install these things!
Most of the drawers are made except for the dress panels, and I have ordered my bench tops.
Last cupboard to build is the one under the fridge.
DSC03190.JPG..DSC03191.JPG

javajoe79

Fabricator
What are you using as the heater radiator? What diesel heater are you using? Forgive me if it's already been covered.

javajoe79

Fabricator
Thanks! Looks like nice stuff. I have a similar heater and water tank but I lack the radiator to heat the camper. I also like that tempering valve. My tank didn't come with one.

4x4coaster

Adventurer
I picked up my bench tops today and roughed them in for a quick look.
Still have to do cut-outs for sink & cooker.

The laminate is a bit like polished concrete to look at but also has a stone type of flick through it and the edges are all matching ABS plastic as they will take a knock better than laminate edges do.
DSC03192.JPG..DSC03193.JPG
Beside this cupboard is the base for the fridge.
DSC03194.JPG

4x4coaster

Adventurer
another quick update....
fitted the bottom track for the roof sleeve which meant I had to take it out of the garage for the first time since starting the fitout and I could put the roof up to full height.
It was a nice sunny day so had to take some pics.
DSC03197.JPG..DSC03198.JPG
DSC03199.JPG..DSC03200.JPG
I also put up another video on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBHpMiJwXk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94