Quick review of Le Pan mini tablet

SGTCap

Adventurer
Just picked up an open box deal on Ebay for $70 delivered. Supposedly new and in black instead of silver. Cant wait to try it out.

Not I just gotta figure out how to mount and power it in my truck

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ram x mount is probably the best. I had mine on for the flight from Halifax to Orlando, 3.5 hrs with all radios off and I was reading magazines the entire time. Battery drainded from 100 to 93. That's pretty impressive.

SGTCap

Adventurer
So...I got this thing, now what?

This is my first experience with a tablet and route planning. Should I pick up a GPS antenna for it? The one in it seems to wander even when I'm sitting still in the house.

What apps should I look at purchasing? I have a few routes that have been saved and shared with me in Google maps. I'd like to be able to import them to whatever software I end up running

kojackJKU

Missed this, sorry, grab backcountry nav, co pilot nav, torque pro with a OBD device, and a cheap Bluetooth GPS dongle and your set. Do some reading about all the apps available and you will have a ball with it.

kojackJKU

Ok, here is my lepan mounted in the jeep with the Bluetooth gps module mounted on the dash. I am running Mytrails on this shot. Still need to pony up so I can have full functionality. Just never got around to it!

i-zZfxKQ5-M.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

kojackJKU

I am using a Bluetooth module from ebay. Works great. The tablet has one built in but I use the BT one to lessen power consumption.

kojackJKU

Did a great test this week, using co pilot and Canada topo. The GPS unit locks fast and accurate. I have a 4 port USB charger and it kept everything at full battery. While in corner brook, I was at the local Walmart and saw a book called backroads mapbook. it was 15.95. It has every logging road, trail, track etc included. While reading I found out they have a app available. I am still figuring it all out, but all tracks are there and useable off line.

This is only available for Canadian provinces only however. But worth the money to have the updated topo maps.

I am 100% satisfied with my nav setup. The tablet is fast, readable and stable. The mount puts everything right in line of sight, and the apps I use keep me knowing where I am to at all times, plus with torque pro, my jeep is monitored for temps etc.

All in all a great budget solution for Overlanding/adventure trips.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles