2.5 SLift and 1-1.25 Body Lift

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
Any body running a 2.5 inch lift with a 1.25 inch BL, i have a 2.5 inch suspension lift running 285/75R16 Ko2s and im think about putting on a 1.25 Body Lift, i want to see what it looks like first, Post pictures if you have this set up or something close to it, or tell me your recomendations for what i want to do. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 6

CRolandLJ

Adventurer
That is an extremely common TJ lift combo as it allows for a high clearance transfer case skid to be installed.

I don't have any pics but all the jeep specific forums will be crawling with examples. I think its a great looking combo without being to over the top. This combined with 33's (the approx size you're proposing) i believe will give you plenty of capability and won't start getting into the super expensive driveline upgrades, especially with a rubicon.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I'm running about 2" of suspension lift and 3/4" of body lift with a 1" motor mount lift and a belly-up center skid. I kept the body lift low so it wouldn't show, but it was necessary for the belly-up. (Plus, I like having a sleeper.) The center skid did amazing things for clearance, and I can't say enough great things about it! The MML kept everything happy, including not having to re-mount the fan shroud. The BL also keeps the tires away from the front fender flanges, which I occasionally bent before the BL.

I will warn you to stay away from the BL's that replace the factory rubber with poly. In my experience, they add quite a bit of NVH because the poly is quite a bit harder than the rubber. They also use a short piece of tube to space the OE metal part, which is rather hokey IMO. Just go with 2" dia x 1" tall spacers and get bolts 1" longer than the factory ones. I used Grade 5 bolts with a washer under the head. You can use grade 8 bolts if it makes you feel better, but 5 is plenty strong, and they were easier to find in the right lengths.

My body lift is 3/4" because I cut down several 3" spacers that I had laying around to make them, instead of buying 1" spacers. (On my table saw!) :)

Hmm. No really good pictures of my Jeep...
This is on the current 255/85R16's.

And on the old 285/75R16's. (Both sizes same 33" tall.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles