New Hydraulic motorcycle lift.

biggoolies

Adventurer
The hydraulic rack works great. My motorcycle is about 450 pounds though and I can feel it back there when I am driving in the sense that the driving dynamics change. There is a little more sway around the corners and I have to change the way I drive slightly. A little slower around the corners. I don't know if I can put some sort of anti sway in the back. Perhaps others would have suggestions. It isn't a problem but it would be nicer to have slightly more stability. Other than that, I am quite happy with it and it is really slick when I lower my motorcycle to the ground and then put it back up high so I have the great departure angle. Also, had to get the real great motorcycle straps because the other regular straps were not cutting it. Will give a reference to that in the next post.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
How far does it travel? It would be great if you could lift the back of the truck for tire changes. :coffeedrink:

biggoolies

Adventurer
biggoolies, is there a build thread for your truck anywhere? I am intrigued!

Hi:
Interestingly enough, I did not think of putting a build thread together when I first started building this truck. The thing is, it went in stages. The initial mounting of the camper, later the solar panels, later the WVO system and tank, after that connection of a sterling battery to battery charger.Now I am putting in a hydronic heating system with instant hot water. This has happened over a period of 4-5 years and I still have quite a few future projects. One being to put hydronic baseboards under the storage tanks to keep the tanks from freezing in the winter. Putting storage under the truck and closing in in with side panels. So it is ongoing. Perhaps I will put a build thread together when it is all done. :) Thanks for asking.
Darcy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94