New Hydraulic motorcycle lift.

biggoolies

Adventurer
My hydraulic motorcycle rack is completed. It took the company awhile to complete it but they are passionate with their work so I didn't mind. I am quite happy with it but I have not tried it with my own motorcycle yet which is a KLR 650. It is rated for a 1000 pounds and can hold a generator and my spare tire. Remote control which a manual switch in case the remote fails.

Attachments

• 03 1.30.15.jpg
    03 1.30.15.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 2 1.30.15.jpg
    2 1.30.15.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 001 1.30.15.jpg
    001 1.30.15.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 4 1.30.15.jpg
    4 1.30.15.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Looks pretty cool. Just don't lower it when your doing the speed down the highway or the Sparks will fly lol.
Do you have any close up photos?
Thanks for sharing
Steve

biggoolies

Adventurer
Looks pretty cool. Just don't lower it when your doing the speed down the highway or the Sparks will fly lol.
Do you have any close up photos?
Thanks for sharing
Steve

Ha yes better not. I don't have any close pictures yet but will add them when I can. I am going skiing this weekend so no pictures until after that. :)

GR8ADV

Explorer
Ha yes better not. I don't have any close pictures yet but will add them when I can. I am going skiing this weekend so no pictures until after that. :)

Now this looks outstanding!!! While you are shredding I will look thru some old posts to check out both your truck and this unit. Very nice.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
It's a vey nice setup, and probably one of the easiest systems to load and unload a bike.
Unfortunately, here in Australia you would never get away with such a design, due to our 60% rule.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I'd be interested in how much weight the lift added to the back of your truck!
Was going to put a Tommy Lift on the back of my Motorhome to carry my KLR.
But when I couldn't even pick up one end of the lift I bought to load it in the trailer I sold it off as fast as I could.

I'll bet your trucks power steering works good now.

Love the Camper.

biggoolies

Adventurer
I'd be interested in how much weight the lift added to the back of your truck!
Was going to put a Tommy Lift on the back of my Motorhome to carry my KLR.
But when I couldn't even pick up one end of the lift I bought to load it in the trailer I sold it off as fast as I could.

I'll bet your trucks power steering works good now.

Love the Camper.

Hi Good question. I have the previous weight of the vehicle somewhere. I will go weigh it and check the difference. But I won't be able to do that for awhile.

java

Expedition Leader
Very cool! I Passed you at the peace arch border crossing right around thanksgiving iirc. I thought about stopping to check out the truck, but wasn't a good spot

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
The reason I"m thinking of weight balance is I just checked with the Truck Stop up the road from my house about what I needed to weigh my Motorhome.

You see, I did an engine swap some years ago from gas to diesel. And the new motor is 1200+lbs in addition to a 400 LB transmission. I know the front axle is going to be holding up a lot more weight than it did with the old engine.

But, how much I don't know!

And the motorcycle loader/carrier I built for it with the bike is going to offset the front axle weight some.

Mine should be interesting!

And your carrier has me curious.

No hurry! Just Inquiring Minds!

westyss

Explorer
The reason I"m thinking of weight balance is I just checked with the Truck Stop up the road from my house about what I needed to weigh my Motorhome.

You see, I did an engine swap some years ago from gas to diesel. And the new motor is 1200+lbs in addition to a 400 LB transmission. I know the front axle is going to be holding up a lot more weight than it did with the old engine.

But, how much I don't know!

And the motorcycle loader/carrier I built for it with the bike is going to offset the front axle weight some.

Mine should be interesting!

And your carrier has me curious.

No hurry! Just Inquiring Minds!

From what I remember about bigoolies truck was that he has a big veggie oil tank just behind the cab and recently installed a roof rack over the cab and I might be wrong but I thought that the water tank was at the front of the camper which seems like allot of weight on the front axle and carrier on the back should be a good thing for front axle weight for this rig.
I looked at a truck that had a tail lift on the back and it was one of those things where I would consider taking it off as it looked very built and heavy but was oh so handy to have, I to am curious about how much it weighs, I say we start a pool on it!

My guess is 340lbs and thats including the hydraulic tank and motor etc.

Oh yeah, it looks good on there, finishes off the back well! I am sure the carrier will get totally filled up with stuff too!

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
From what I remember about bigoolies truck was that he has a big veggie oil tank just behind the cab and recently installed a roof rack over the cab and I might be wrong but I thought that the water tank was at the front of the camper which seems like allot of weight on the front axle and carrier on the back should be a good thing for front axle weight for this rig.
I looked at a truck that had a tail lift on the back and it was one of those things where I would consider taking it off as it looked very built and heavy but was oh so handy to have, I to am curious about how much it weighs, I say we start a pool on it!

My guess is 340lbs and thats including the hydraulic tank and motor etc.

Oh yeah, it looks good on there, finishes off the back well! I am sure the carrier will get totally filled up with stuff too!

Well I guess I'kll be doing a little reading up on his Build. I run my pickup and one TD Trooper on WVO. My motorhome is set up with gual tanks to run on WVO too. BUt have yet to put any in it. So I'm interested in Bigoolies rig even momre now.

I saw the roof rack but wasn't aware of the two tanks weights on the front axle.

So it makes sense now.

As for weight, I'm in for 580 lbs of weight added with that lift!

It looks like a modified Commercial lift and we know how robust they have to be with all those gorilla operators out there and can screw up an anvil with a rubber hammer.

biggoolies

Adventurer
Okay, I weighed the back end of my truck today on a weigh scale. Originally when I weighed it before the rack it was 2570 kg. Now it is 2810 kg. So a difference of 240 kg or 530 lbs. The GAWR for the rear is 4300kg so I believe I have 1730kg to play with or 3800 lbs. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. I don't feel any difference on the ride whatsoever. But I do have to try to truck out with the motorcycle and spare tire on it yet. The builder did add some air shocks from the living quarters to the chassis (one on each side) so it does reduce the sway due to the front pivotal mount which allows for better handling on the highway.

Last edited:

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Yep, about what I figured on the rack weight. My back sure complained when I tried to lift the one I bought into the back of my trailer.

I'm thinking with the bike and spare tire You'll be looking at maybe another 500 lbs.

Sounds like you've got some wiggle room with the weight though.

Thanks for the info.
Curtis

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
So how is this lift working out for you?

Im considering something similar for my custom camper and a small bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz