Quigley 4x4 refresh - tips or suggestions?

Gravity

Observer
Getting ready to overhaul the front end of my '02 Quigley and make it Road-trip ready for 2015. Have a few questions for y'all regarding the easy or hard way to do a few things etc...

1. I'll be replacing the original 'recalled' Control Arms with the new Round ones from Quigley. Is there a recommended sequence of removing and replacing? On the ground vs van jacked up?? Top one 1st or 2nd?

2. I'm replacing the Trackbar with a fresh one w/ the upgraded Poly bushings installed. Looks like a simple unbolt and then bolt new one in. Am I correct?

3. When I cleaned off the excess grease buildup, I noticed one of the joints that connects the Pitman arm to the Tie bars has a plastic shield that has cracked. Do I need to be concerned? Is this a do-it yourself or should I have a shop in town replace. Guessing it's more than a simple bolt on job.. The tie bar end themselves looked good once I scraped off 12+ yrs of grease goo and feel tight.

4. The Sway bar bushings. I'm replacing both the In-Axle Bushings and also the Frame mounted ones. Frame ones are a no brainer, the axle ones are smoked big time. Tips/Tricks to getting the old ones out and the new ones pressed in?

5. Steering stabilizer replacement. Looks super simple...

Here's a few pics of what i currently have... Will also be hitting it with a fresh coat of Rustoleum Flat black to finish off the job...

Thanks Guys. The next step after the above will be upgrading the coils to Moog CC880S's and getting my Fox shocks rebuilt and/or revalved

ecbca47e59e6fb6590b9abb7361f0b82.jpg

16887c825ad937341b93cd363280e687.jpg

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
FYI, the sway bar bushings are a pain to get out. I tried a home made "press" but ultimately used a B.F.Hammer to drive them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles