Rigid Industries & Truck-Lite UNITE

RigidIndustries

Hey Expo,

Some Big News dropped today and we are incredibly excited for the future!

10506850_10152687496157379_4527215937910350407_o.jpg

Through our years of teamwork and dedication in building Rigid Industries into what it has become today, we have very exciting news. We would like to announce our acquisition by lighting industry leader Truck-Lite Company, Inc. LLC, part of the PENSKE Corporation.

This strategic partnership brings two very diverse, but extremely complementary brands together forming a new lighting powerhouse for the consumer vehicle, heavy-duty, commercial and OE sectors.

Truck-Lite is known for their top-quality products in signal/safety, forward lighting and OE fleet headlight systems. Truck-Lite carries a very similar history to Rigid, just 50 years earlier. Established in 1955 by George Baldwin, who developed the first Sealed-Beam headlight in his kitchen. 60 years later Truck-Lite now has 2,300 employees! Together Rigid and Truck-Lite will continuously develop new and innovative lighting products!

Rigid will operate as an independent division under Truck-Lite and continue day-to-day operations from their facilities in Mesa, and Gilbert, Arizona providing you the same great name, products and warranty as before.

We are looking forward to working under the PENSKE family of businesses to make this a very successful offering to Rigid Nation worldwide.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Neat.
I've always liked both of your products (in different ways) and have been eager to see Rigid making more DOT-compliant products.
I'm sure your future will be bright...

I'd be more than happy to test products. I especially need some legit supplemental highbeams that don't flood my foreground with light.
The proliferation of products like the ARB and Lightforce LED scare me.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Why because they are bright? Arb lights are one of the few led lights that actually light up any distance down the road. Not just to your high beam cut off. your comments are always hilarious.

Humvette

Adventurer
When will heated LED light bars be made!!!

I just bought the Trucklite Heated LED Military lights for my H1 and am excited to install them...

Humvette

Adventurer
I had the gen three not heated Trucklite version and loved them. I just wanted the heated version :)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Why because they are bright? Arb lights are one of the few led lights that actually light up any distance down the road. Not just to your high beam cut off. your comments are always hilarious.
Well, if there's too much light in the foreground your pupils will constrict and limit your distant vision.
And if there's too much light above your horizon you'll light up fog/rain/smoke/dust when those impediments are present. That limits your vision even more and blinds on-coming drivers.

Those two products are well suited for offroad use but not for day-to-day use on public roads. Trucklite knows this and makes products for use on the roads. Rigid knows this too and now offers some DOT-compliant products.
I'm sure that their combined efforts will raise the bar.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I don't want to drag off topic a bunch with pictures and whatnot. Unless they've changed in the last year mine were the new version. Better than stock, definitely. Piss poor output pattern for the price though. High beams were great. Low beams were not that bright, made bright X shaped hot spots above the main cutoff line, and produced a very thin (vertically) output. I installed JW speaker fog lights and they outperformed the truck lite low beams in every way. Whiter color, sharper cutoff, wider beam, better overall coverage. Driving with fog lights only was significantly better than low beams only. Honestly the output of the truck lites almost looked like an HID (dim ones at that) in a halogen reflector with their blocky, choppy light patterns.

Some of the older JW speaker head lights were not very wide but the later versions were much better. I'd rather have spent a few hundred more on the JW head lights if I had known. I haven't run the JW and truck lite heads side by side, but my cheaper JW fog lights put the low beam to shame.

If you use and like them, great!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Well, if there's too much light in the foreground your pupils will constrict and limit your distant vision.
And if there's too much light above your horizon you'll light up fog/rain/smoke/dust when those impediments are present. That limits your vision even more and blinds on-coming drivers.

Those two products are well suited for offroad use but not for day-to-day use on public roads. Trucklite knows this and makes products for use on the roads. Rigid knows this too and now offers some DOT-compliant products.
I'm sure that their combined efforts will raise the bar.

Hopefully they do! I like LED bars for slow wooded trails because they light up everything. But for higher speed or road driving they do flood the foreground and kill your night vision. When I fly at night I dim everything as much as possible, and when I drive at night I don't want the area right in front of my significantly brighter than what I'm looking at in the distance. Your eyes tend to adjust to the brightest light around.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I don't want to drag off topic a bunch with pictures and whatnot. Unless they've changed in the last year mine were the new version. Better than stock, definitely. Piss poor output pattern for the price though. High beams were great. Low beams were not that bright, made bright X shaped hot spots above the main cutoff line, and produced a very thin (vertically) output. I installed JW speaker fog lights and they outperformed the truck lite low beams in every way. Whiter color, sharper cutoff, wider beam, better overall coverage. Driving with fog lights only was significantly better than low beams only. Honestly the output of the truck lites almost looked like an HID (dim ones at that) in a halogen reflector with their blocky, choppy light patterns.

Some of the older JW speaker head lights were not very wide but the later versions were much better. I'd rather have spent a few hundred more on the JW head lights if I had known. I haven't run the JW and truck lite heads side by side, but my cheaper JW fog lights put the low beam to shame.

If you use and like them, great!
Trucklite is do for a refresh of their Phase 7 lights. Your observations on their performance are spot-on.
I still like them for their miserly use of power, robustness, and longevity. I think they're good Jeep lights if you see a lot of trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior